FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trapezing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wave Rider View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trapezing
    Posted: 15 Dec 04 at 5:18pm

Hi,

I have always wondered weather when you are out on the wire if you can adjust the ring height well you are out there.Because recently it has been gusty and every time I raised the ring there was a huge gust and it was a hard job to keep the boat upright.

I have never been brave enough to try it because at the moment the temperature of the water doesnt really tempt me to fall of the trapeze in the water!

Thanks

-[Franko]-
Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club
           RS600 933
Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 04 at 7:13pm
Most rigs have a 2:1 purchase and cleat so you can raise or lower the hook while on the wire. If your system uses a double hook you'll have to unhook to change the height.

Anyway, your helm should be depowering to keep the boat flat - maybe you should call the gusts. Alternatively you could take the mainsheet off the boom going upwind and play the sheet!
Garry

Lark 2252, Contender 298

www.cuckoos.eclipse.co.uk
redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 04 at 10:09pm
You need to watch "Higher and Faster", a fabulouse DVD.  Can you get someone to buy it for you at Christmas, you'll watch it over and over again and learn an awefull lot?
 Post Reply Post Reply