FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Round the World Pursiut Race

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
malawirich View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote malawirich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round the World Pursiut Race
    Posted: 01 Dec 04 at 5:32pm
Looking at two major yachting events going on at the moment (The Vendee Globe and Ellen MacArthur's record attempt) i noticed that if both equal the current records they will finish within a day of each other. So do you reckon that Ellen will catch up with the Globe or will they hold her off, I think if Ellen holds it together this could become a pretty exciting pursuit race. Discuss.
Contender443 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 04 at 5:57pm
I was thinking that too - then there is the global challenge. Any chance of Ellen or any of the Vendee boats crashing into a challenge boat coming the other way!!!
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 04 at 7:05pm
I wouldn't fancy calling starboard in the middle of god knows how big a swell in the southern ocean .  Rather them than me!!
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 04 at 7:36pm
yes, i would love to be out there though!

do people rekon ellen will make the record? i really hope she does!

Edited by sailor girl
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!

Post Options Post Options   Quote malawirich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 04 at 8:26pm
I would be impressed if a flying B&Q came through the fleet running over and demasting the french contingent leaving the way clear for Mike Golding to sail to victory. Maybe thi could happen somewhere near Trafalger(sp).

Edited by malawirich
coiler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 04 at 1:26pm

they should both be finishing early Feb, which is also the start of the Oryx Cup in Qatar.

coiler

http://www.bangthecorner.com
joboggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote joboggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 04 at 6:18am
In regards to the Vendee Globe it looks like there are the makings of a restart. The chasing three boats and the top two may well come within a couple of hundred NM anyway. We will see how far the D8 storm takes the trailing three towards the lead.

As far as PRB is concerned it looks like the decision to stay north has not cost him the lead. That seemed to be problematic earlier today.

Post Options Post Options   Quote malawirich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 04 at 8:38pm
Ellen has now caught up with the back of the vendee fleet, so only 4000 miles behind the leaders
So it could still be a close finish
redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 04 at 10:58am

Here are the links.  The Brits are doing well Mike Golding is gaining and Ellen is ahead of her target.

http://www.teamellen.com/

http://www.vendeeglobe.org/uk

Post Reply Post Reply