FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repair Costs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigum View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bigum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repair Costs
    Posted: 11 Jun 07 at 10:23am

I'm in the process of getting two knocks on my contender professionally repaired.

I've got a quote from the local boatyard and I have no idea if it's resonable or not.

Would anyone be willing to share roughly what they have paid in the past so I ( and others? ) will have a guide.....

(PM me if you don't want the world to know)

Thx

d

bigum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 07 at 2:46pm

That survey went well!! Guess I'll just pay the bill and get back on the water.

jpbuzz591 View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote jpbuzz591 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 07 at 3:20pm
Whats the damage thats been done? Got any piccys?  How much did they quote for it?
Jp Indoe
Contender 518
Buzz591
Chew Valley Sailing club
Bristol
sten View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote sten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 07 at 3:35pm

wood or plastic contender? I would guess a few hundred pounds as it takes quite alot of time to fair it all back in and make it invisible where it was repaired. the materials don't cost much, you could repair it your self but it always takes longer than you think. you could get quotes from different boatyards to check your not being ripped off but quality costs.

bigum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 07 at 8:25am

Sorry should have said it's a fiberglass contender.

Thanks to those that have responded so  far, I think in terms of getting it fixed the price isnt looking to bad and the conveniance of getting done localy is going to win the day

Thanks again

d

Post Reply Post Reply