FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wildlife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Black no sugar View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wildlife
    Posted: 08 Mar 07 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Contender 541

Originally posted by les5269

I'm afraid the only wildlife we get are irate fisherman when we nick their lines !

*edit because I just realised I can't spell!

Try being the one who corrects everyone else!

E.G. Where should the ' go in corrects??

You may not know, I may not know, but someone will and will tell you, which is why the reply should read

Try being the person who influences others

You've got your job cut out with our new friend; her spelling mistakes are bigger than her (sorry Helz, it's cheap I know, but your sharp public-school wit will find a suitable cutting reply, I'm sure) .

Contender 541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender 541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 07 at 7:58am
I admire anyone who is brave / stupid enough to stick there head above the parapet, but do expect to be shot at - especially if you start shooting first
When you find a big kettle of crazy it's probably best not to stir it - Pointy Haired Boss

Crew on 505 8780

Helz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 07 at 8:33pm
I can cope with having my spelling and gramatical errors corrected. It is good for me I might actualy learn something useful rather than apsoluty useful peices of information such as how to work out a break even point or find out if a coastline is concordant or discordant.
luv Helz
vscott View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote vscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 07 at 4:34pm
Bravo!
Mk IV Osprey 1314 Think Again

Kielder Water Sailing Club
scottish_tornad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote scottish_tornad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 07 at 8:07pm

Didn't a basking shark bring a RS800  to an abrupt stop at Prestwick in 2005?

Have seen Dolphins within arms reach at Stonehaven sailing out to the race course on the 5.9 a couple of years ago and plenty of seals at my home club Dalgety Bay SC  

tornado GBR389

www.dalgetybaysc.org/home.htm
winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 07 at 10:38am
I'm sure all you contender sailors are well aware that Looe - venue for this year's nationals - is the shark fishing capital of the UK!

Can we have protective nets like they had in Sydney for the 2000 games pretty please ?

Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 07 at 11:26am
That's a good idea - Looe needs to do something to protect the sharks.
mike ellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mike ellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 07 at 4:00pm

im sure you wont be a problem for them bns, hows the contender going at the moment? been out in it lately or are you still crewing the 4tonner?

600 732, will call it Sticks and Stones when i get round to it.
Also International 14, 1318
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 07 at 4:23pm
I remember one memorable Scorpion nationals at Sidmouth. Busy planing along on a tight reach (no kite, it was blowing 25-30kts) and a school of dolphins decided to swim through and around the fleet.

Was one of those truly magical moments see a dolphon swin within inches of the boat....well it was until the helm started hollering at me to hike out harder (slave driver she was).
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123