FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RS 400 Help !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
redback View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RS 400 Help !
    Posted: 01 Nov 04 at 2:03pm
Yes sailed and we beat our rivals in the morning but the wind dropped for the afternoon and they beat us.  Still it keeps their interest up, I suppose.  I'm off to the Medway now until Christmas - big wide open spaces and more wind - can't wait.
headfry View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 04 at 11:56am

Morn'in Redback,

Yes wing wang is released, seems that as soon as tension is off - the pole then jams!  have done the lubrication bit too!

trust you had a good weekend, did you sail?

redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 04 at 11:00am

We seem to be havining spinnaker pole problems.....it won't come inboard properly- it sort of 'binds'  when the tension is taken of the pole as spinnalker comes in ?  help is this matter is also need please. Have tried wet and dry to 'smooth' the hole, it helped but not solved the problem.

I assume your experienced helm is releasing the wing-wangs before you are pulling the spinnaker down?  A bit of lubrication is a good idea around the hole and there is one block on the 400 which wears out before all the others - its right in the bow under the canvas so awkward to get to.

headfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 04 at 9:32am

Now I know what I need to be doing....

less sit up's and more drinking        cheers!!

Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 04 at 2:09pm
I've seen the RS fleeet drinking and although its not pretty I don't think they could keep up with a University team racing event. 
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
Sunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 04 at 2:00pm
I'll second that!
Caswell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Caswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 04 at 1:29pm
The only help you ever need for the RS Fleet is drinking training! Train long and hard over the winter- you need to be part of the 'Drink the Bar Dry' team at every event...
redback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 04 at 6:01pm
I'm no expert but I'd say about 24 stone (153kg) for the 400, perhaps a bit more if you're not fit, and about 20 Stone (127kg) for the 200.  I've hardly ever sailed a 200 but I'm reasonably experienced in the 400 and I can tell you fitness really pays because you sit it out up-wind and down due to the assymetric.
Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 04 at 12:44pm

What are the optimum weights for rs400s and 200s

Because im thinking of moving to a 200 after toppers

headfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote headfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 04 at 11:39am

No, we did not go over, helm is very skilled!

I am a little short in height so centreboard reaching will be - oooooh, stacks of fun...

Helm is tall and strong though

We seem to be havining spinnaker pole problems.....it won't come inboard properly- it sort of 'binds'  when the tension is taken of the pole as spinnalker comes in ?  help is this matter is also need please. Have tried wet and dry to 'smooth' the hole, it helped but not solved the problem.

Thanks, in anticipation....!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>