FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High Performance Sailing in the North

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlanMackie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AlanMackie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Performance Sailing in the North
    Posted: 14 Oct 04 at 9:15pm

Following a flurry of activity and ideas, a forum and website have been setup to promote "skiff type" sailing in Scotland and Northern England.

By Skiff type we really mean light weight and fast boats. No one is excluded at this point but we typically mean boats like:

49ers, 29ers, Musto Skiff, RS800, RS700, International 14, 18 foot skiff, Laser 5000, Laser 4000, Asymmetric Canoe.

If you fit the bill and want to get involved or just want to see what we are doing then visit

www.scottishskiffracing.com

Cheers

Alan Mackie & Ian Renilson.

Phil eltringham View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 04 at 8:33pm

South Shields Sailing Club now have:

3x Musto Skiff, 1xRS700 (soon to be Musto Skiff), 1x49er (occationally), 1xL4000, 1xRS400, 1xB14 (me, and maybe another one more by Christmas)

Most of these will be out every sunday untill Christmas club racing.  Then in late jan/early feb we will be running a series specificly for fast asymmetrics which will continue untill about easter.  The racing will be on long windward/leward courses on the north sea (outside tyne entrance).  As well as our boats, we will be joined by the Musto Skiff fleet from Sunderland and the I14's from Derwent, and maybe a few others, I am sure you will be welcome.  Private message me and I will put you in contact with the guy who is organising it. 

Edited by Phil eltringham
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
 Post Reply Post Reply