FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Projection 762 Help please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 86>
Author
brys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote brys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Projection 762 Help please?
    Posted: 07 Dec 06 at 10:10am

Thank you Mark.  I try to chase up some facts and figures plus ask a few snappers to contribute.......there are some nice photos of the boat out there but most are copywrite.......

Never enough time for sailing
Stefan Lloyd View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 06 at 10:26am

I used to run a class association website and found that most marine photographers were happy to let you use their photos so long as 1. you asked first and 2. you acknowleged their copyright.

Incidentally almost everything is copyright, whether it explicity says so or not. In UK law you don't need to register for copyright protection in order for it to apply. 

Edited by Stefan Lloyd
TimC View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 06 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by slop_idol

this is off a rowen composites advert from yachts and yachting.

That's the one on the side of my boat!

Edited by TimC
J92s GBR 9224R "Upstart"
twitter.com/upstart_racing
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 06 at 5:35pm
its definately not a 707 then?
Some Bloke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Some Bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 06 at 4:33pm

Hi. I Just found this thread, I own "Zulu", GBR7622, & race from Cardiff. I'm definately up for some place (like this?) where we can swap ideas, but I'm not sure about a full-blown class association.

From what I've seen all the boats rate close enough on IRc that we could race level without being an OD. We did Cork in '04 and there was another 762 called "Radio Star" from Brighton in our class. We had great racing and despite having different sized kites & different ratings as I recall every race corrected out the same as our on-the-water positions. there's no need to worry about a couple of clicks on IRc.

On another matter, our main opposition is J80s, which give us a problem with their 65m2 kites. Has anybody tried a masthead kite on a projection? I reckon it would be fun & IRc-kindly.

Kev.

brys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote brys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 06 at 10:04am

H Kev,

I will private message you with  my contact details, please look out for it.

fartymark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fartymark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 06 at 9:20pm

Hi Guys!

I purchased Projection 7126 "Nemo" in June and have been racing under IRC this summer on the East Coast. We are based on the Medway and there are currently 3 other Projections that join our keelboat racing. Each boat has different handicaps, 0.971, 0.969, 0.968 and 0.965. Not once this year has the order of position over the water been changed by the handicap. The small difference in the handicap can almost be neglected as one point is roughly 6 seconds an hour.

We have competed this year in 3 of the Sail East regattas on the East Coast and are planning to do them all next year. It would be great to see more Projections there as the sailing and parties are awesome!

We have definately enjoyed having 3 other Projections to sail against this year and it would be great to have a bigger turn out for next year.

Check out www.saileast.org

Class association sounds a good idea, got loads of photos of the boat. Does anyone want them for the class site?

cheers

Mark 

TimC View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote TimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 06 at 11:02pm
Hey Mark

It seems like there is a real cluster of proj owners on the east coast! I'll
definitely be bringing mine out to play for Port of Felixstowe (we're based at
levington) and poss Dabchicks.

Got to balance it all with EAORA commitments though!

Tim
J92s GBR 9224R "Upstart"
twitter.com/upstart_racing
brys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote brys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 06 at 9:42am

I am still trying to shake the trees to find as many as possible owners and boats.

I need contact details of any Projection 762 owners that anybody knows of who have not yet appeared in this forum thread.

RadioStar last seen in Brighton

White Lightning last seen on Medway

Miss Piggy last seen Falmouth

Data, Data, data, data, data,  please.......use PM to end details I will respond to any that include thheir Email address.......Thanks

Oh and anews of any pictures that you can grant copywrite for publication on the web (with aknowledgements) would be most useful.........still trying to set up a dedicated site more anon.......

Edited by brys
DOUGk911 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DOUGk911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 06 at 3:50pm

Hi Guys ,

This  poss may be of interest to some . Royal Northumberland YC are holding The Northern SB Champs next spring, 12th & 13th May. We have a mixed fleet here , Melges,Corks,Sigmas ,Ben 25 and my 762 ,we had a good turnout last year,its a real fun Regatta with lots of freebies inc. lift in and out .Hoping to be sponsored by a beer co. like last year.I am told RNYC know how to party .       http://www.rnyc.org.uk/

It would be great to see another 762 !  Some use Regatta as a warm up for Tarbert. I know we are a long way from anywhere though.

Doug        "Filthy Gorgeous"       K7632R

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 86>