FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wierd weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Offshoretiger View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wierd weather
    Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 10:08am

We had a front come through yesterday after we got off the water. So we were standing in the boat park putting the cover on and watching the sky get blacker and blacker over the bay. Then I notised there were little clouds growing very quickly about half way between the water surface and the cloud base and they were getting sucked up into the clouds above. A few of the columns started to twist a bit but nothing got big enough to turn into a proper twister. Still quite impressive and rather freaky for NE Scotland

Really wished I had a camera but my phone was in my bag in the club house.

Anyone seen any other freaky weather stuff resently?

...yesterday I couldnt spell enginner...now I are one!......
feva_sailor View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote feva_sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 3:28pm
really big sandstorms ARE PRETTY FREAKY

Edited by feva_sailor
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 3:50pm
how freaky??

Post Options Post Options   Quote feva_sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 3:55pm
well everwhere is now covered in sand and you have to stay inside as it really hurts you eyes with horozontily flying sand you cant see for more than 5ft(some sandstorms are worse than others but todays was really bad)
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 4:01pm
yes i think i had figured out the 'sand evrywere' bit from the name. But how are they freaky?

Post Options Post Options   Quote feva_sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 4:07pm
horizontal sand at like almost 50mph
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 4:19pm

so what dose it look like when theres a storm coming. like a reguler storm of diffrent? do you get ligtning? dose it all go dead still first like when theres a big front coming? do the clouds go a funny color like when theres a hail storm coming? how is it freakier then a reguler storm?

Post Options Post Options   Quote feva_sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 4:26pm
).well there arnt usually any clouds in dubai.ummm they ussually last from day till night so i dont know if you can see it coming but i dont think so as the winds get up to 40-55 knots inside them(cant go sailing in one as cant see exess of five meters no no lightening.thogh just looked outside and the sand has calmed down a bit and the skys a really eiri orange.
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 4:37pm

fair enough. Are they seasonal or just random? I think in Bejing they are seasonal

never been to Dubai exept changing planes

Post Options Post Options   Quote feva_sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 06 at 4:40pm
no there random but being surronded by deserts not rare.did you look out the window when landing taking off?lots of desert

ps still dont know how to spell desert even thogh i live in one!did i spell it right

Edited by feva_sailor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>