FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Concept

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oldgeezer View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oldgeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concept
    Posted: 29 May 06 at 9:14am
Does anyone know anything about a grp dinghy called a Concept - made by Concept Dinghies ltd. of Christchurch? It is about 11'5" long, double skin hull, has aly spars, stainless rigging, a jib, plywood dagger brd, grp rudder, grp trailer! Mine is sail no 274.
Hugh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 06 at 1:14pm
A concept 302?

If so I know I desperately wanted one when I was looking at toppers, which would be 11 years ago now!  I think the main attraction was the mini assymetric :)
oldgeezer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oldgeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 06 at 11:01am
No I suspect this is a totally different animal. The manufacturers were based in Christchurch. It has a small jib and no assymetric. Aly mast is round with a track/groove riveted on.
Hugh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 06 at 11:43am
Ah ok, I haven't heard of them, sorry I can't help.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 06 at 4:44pm

Any chance of you taking a picture of it and putting it up on the forum for us to peruse over??

phantom871 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote phantom871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 06 at 11:21am
There is a concept 302 on ebay at the moment which is the mini assymetric one?
If its bent pull harder
phantom871 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote phantom871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 06 at 11:27am

Look at the following ebay entries one is the concept and the other is the 302

If its bent pull harder
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 06 at 10:12am
I saw the one on ebay a little while back, but I'm afraid the trawling for info at the time came up with nothing, so whether she was a prototype that came to nothing, I know not. If you find anything, let us know, please!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
perelik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote perelik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 07 at 12:28pm
Hi I too was looking for information on this dinghy as I bought one of ebay last year. I have not found anything sorry couldn't be of any help.
beckyg51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beckyg51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 08 at 12:54pm

hi there.

i have a concept 302 to sell and have no idea how much they are worth.. does anyone know what they are selling for or what a good price is.. its in good condition with 2 large sails,  atraining sail and a asymmetric.

thanks. becky

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>