FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12 foot skiff photo's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
jimmywalsh2 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jimmywalsh2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 foot skiff photo's
    Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 4:11am
Isis View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Isis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 2:40pm

Some nice shots there, loving the last day pics especialy...

Interesting shot here though...

They seem to be set up with the adjustor above the grip, and the loop mounted on a bar or thick bit of rope below that... Is that common practice over there? dont think ive seen it over here..

Calum_Reid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Calum_Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 3:28pm
Ive seen em. i shal explain on msn tho
Isis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Isis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 5:44pm
Sorted. Cheers.

Next question then... are they recomended? looking closely through the pics a few boats have them but most are conventional setup...
allanorton View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote allanorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 9:21pm
They're most useful for the helm for wire to wire tacking/gybing, some Contenders have been using them for a while.  You can grab the tube and carry on out to the gunwhale, then manipulate the trapeze hook to hook on all with one hand.  I don't think they are quite so useful for the crew, as the crew can wire to wire with the normal set up.
Ian29937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ian29937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 12:00am

Somewhere on the Contender website there's a lot of footage of the 2004 Worlds on Garda and you can see Soren Anderson Den44 tacking using the bars.

Ian

Edited by Ian29937
Skiffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 11:34am

Originally posted by turnturtle

Is it just me or has this guy got his colour coding wrong on his trap handles???  (Or is this just another example of Aussie Irony...)

Does it matter?

The ones on the portside are BLUE

12footers. The Only Way to FLY

Remember Professionals built the titanic, Amateurs built the ark.
Tornado_ALIVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tornado_ALIVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 11:56am
Because we are all upside down.....  down here.....  Port and Starboard are reversed.
carshalton fc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carshalton fc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 6:45pm

Originally posted by turnturtle

yes but a lot of us us blue instead of green 'cos green on a boat's unlucky!  you guys got any random superstitions?

what a load of rubbish   the only superstition i have is that if the team i am playing for win the football i dont wash my boots but that is mainly cos i cant be arsed.   dont think it would work for sailing though,  u wont be getting many tastie chicks in wetsuits talking to u.

International 14 1503
jpbuzz591 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jpbuzz591 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 7:15pm

[[/QUOTE]

yes but a lot of us us blue instead of green 'cos green on a boat's unlucky!  you guys got any random superstitions?

[/QUOTE]

i think that is a reason to start a new thread

Jp Indoe
Contender 518
Buzz591
Chew Valley Sailing club
Bristol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>