FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just an Illusion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just an Illusion
    Posted: 16 Jan 23 at 3:18pm
Love the look of the flying 10 but there is just too much wood for me, the K1 on the other hand…
We have one at out club , looks and sails terrific. The system of raising the keel works well and launching and retrieving is easy as it’s surprising light.
When I get too old for the D-zero it will be high up my list of possible next boats.
Do Different View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 23 at 8:58pm
An acquaintance of mine speaks very highly of his K1. 
maxibuddah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 23 at 7:57am
I sailed a K1 last year in light to medium winds (it was at Wimbleball so all this happened in one leg of the course). It was a joy to sail, picked up speed quickly considering the keel. Tacked slightly slower than a normal dinghy. Pointed well. The job gave you something extra to do downwind, goosewinging it prooving highly advantageous. A throughly nice boat to sail. Its only downside is the perception its on old persons boat. I don't see any reason why younger people shouldn't sail it, it benefits from hiking out, but of course once your energy runs out, or you don't have it in the first place then the keel takes over and you can still perform, maybe to 90%, whereas a traditional dinghy that would drop off to 60%. Whats not to like...other than the cost, but then all dinghies are expensive, new or used. 

And to keep on topic. slightly less barking than an Illusion, which look amazing
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
sargesail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sargesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 23 at 7:30pm
Stopped on my round IOW cycle to watch a lap and a half of the Illusion racing at Bembridge. Saw a lap and a half. Loads out and close competition from front to back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12