FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did you get out today? What you in, how'd u do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
H2 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you get out today? What you in, how'd u do?
    Posted: 11 Jan 23 at 8:54am
I got out a few times training and then also at the Grafham GP as well as the Bloody Mary - managed to finish 35th out of 146 boats entered on a blustery windswept course. Its also one of my favourite times of the year to sail if only to catch up with so many friends at these large handicap events and have a natter both on and off the water!
H2 #115 (sold)
H2 145
OK 2082
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 23 at 10:00am
Saw the video of the BM on the Hadron fb page .Looked epic 😀
sawman View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote sawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 23 at 10:47pm
lake frozen today, so no play

The Q View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 23 at 8:51am
Last week gusting 35mph,
This week nothing 0mph, the only ripples on the water were because of the ducks.
I ran the rescue boat round the island to break the ice, just in case some wind would turn up..
Sailing abandoned.
Still sailing in circles
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 23 at 9:58am
We got a couple of races in, was last in the first and 1st in the last, light Northerlys, Lasers, Solution and me in the Hybrid Fireblade thing which only perked up once I'd slackened the shrouds a tad and the wind picked up a notch, pretty Baltic, but the tide's in at the lake more than I've ever seen it in the twenty odd recent years. Not so many of us old Redoubt S.C. guard left but it was encouraging to see an increasing no of Topper kids and some cruisers from another club that have joined us out and about.

Edited by iGRF - 23 Jan 23 at 10:00am
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 23 at 9:59am
Couple of years ago we broke the ice, finished up with twenty acres of thin ice blown against the jetty, layered to over a foot deep. Sailing abandoned.
Robert
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 23 at 1:00pm
No wind and too much ice . Racing was abandoned for the day . 
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 23 at 9:22am
Good race yesterday, nice wind in a nice direction for our club. It was second race of our personal handicap series which always shakes things up.( in the first race we had a new race winner ). It never makes much difference to me , I am a very average sailor so my start time never changes more than a minute of two round my py start. But it makes a big difference to the sailors at each end of the fleet . Eg mrs Dakota normally starts 8 mins before me , yesterday it was only 1min as my time had come in 1 min and her time had gone out 6. 😀😀

Edited by Dakota - 10 Apr 23 at 9:24am
The Q View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 23 at 11:24am

Made a good start, note the distorted sail is due to breaking the gooseneck earlier, it's tied on with a bit of string.
Still sailing in circles
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 23 at 2:54pm
Did get out on Saturday for a Solo Club race, 20 starters, happy to take 5th in a race when could easily been 15th.  But a better last mark rounding could have got me 2nd.  Must remember to position for the overlap on the pack rather than gamble on more pressure to leeward.
Happily living in the past
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>