FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LPE in Portugal goes bust ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 22 at 4:16pm
I found this.

https://www.einforma.pt/servlet/app/portal/ENTP/prod/ETIQUETA_EMPRESA/nif/515433764/

Your guess is as good as mine as to the fine detail, but it may mean very little. Its not hard to imagine the company appearing dubious financially, after all that fine new factory must have cost a fortune, no matter what grants they secured. Knowing, as I do, almost nothing about UK company affairs, let alone Portugal, it would be foolish to draw conclusions.

There's no reason why the Rastegar organisation shouldn't be as well versed in European law as US. The man himself was an exact contemporary of mine at the same college in London, although I don't recall ever meeting him.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 22 at 5:11pm
Nothing in the Setubal local news, nothing in financial papers either, should surface soon though, millions of euros not going to be allowed to disappear.
Robert
eric_c View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote eric_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 22 at 6:46pm
Doesn't seem to be anything on the interweb about this, so where is the OP's rumour?
OTOH, LaserPerformance.com  seems to have a worse web presence than some dead people.
It looks like it's blocking some traffic to England though, if you enter via euroland you still see prices for stuff as if it's still trading.

Laserperformance (Europe) LTD was dissolved last June. Some holding companies involved.

A few million euro in EU grants is small beer, con-sultants take that many times a day for producing very little

Does this have any bearing at all on Laser in the US? I suspect not?
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 22 at 7:28pm
LPE/ Laser has had  a very bad presence/ reputation in the US for years , that why the us laser class association was very glad to see LPE deselected as a Laser manufacturer. Sailors moaning a terrible supply of parts/sails/ boats and dealers moaning about have to pay up front for all supplies and still not getting all the parts they ordered. 
As I said I am NOT saying itís true . It was told to me ( as a rumour) by a friend who works in the wider sailing industry. I also couldnít find anything online so thatís why posted on here to see if I could see if anyone else knew anything.  Smile

Edited by Grumpycat - 29 May 22 at 7:29pm
D-zero
Ex Laser x2
Ex British Moth x4
Ex Lightning 368
Ex Supernova
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12