FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strava

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strava
    Posted: 17 Sep 21 at 11:49am
I'm pretty computer savvy, happily accept the nuances of modern intrusion, but this one I really find puzzling. There is no Boat Class called Fireblade yet. I can't even find any reference to the name on my computer or phone, have I even talked about it on facebook, don't recall. Only place it is probably dialed in is Sail wave or the race control system we have down the club which name escapes me.

But it's unlikely either system is smart enough to impart that info to an app on a phone wouldn't you think?

Curioser and curioser.
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 21 at 12:07pm
have you used and forgetton about the app maybe old saved data?
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 21 at 12:53pm
If you have been using your phone or even had it in your hand by your boat, it could have used video or more likely taking snap shots, it will be constantly taking snap shots based on GPS info, will not take shots at same place twice on same day.
Robert
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 21 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by iGRF

I'm pretty computer savvy, happily accept the nuances of modern intrusion, but this one I really find puzzling. There is no Boat Class called Fireblade yet. I can't even find any reference to the name on my computer or phone, have I even talked about it on facebook, don't recall. Only place it is probably dialed in is Sail wave or the race control system we have down the club which name escapes me.

But it's unlikely either system is smart enough to impart that info to an app on a phone wouldn't you think?

Curioser and curioser.

One of the most interesting parts of living in Cheltenham is being mates with / married too the kinds of people who really understand what happens in the apps we all use and taking a look at the very few that they allow onto their devices  Wink
H2 #115 (sold)
H2 145
OK 2082
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 21 at 1:16pm
Only app I have installed myself is covid app, all Google apps installed in phone are running, no Facebook or similar.
Robert
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 21 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Oli

have you used and forgetton about the app maybe old saved data?

Nope first time I'd even heard of it here and now in this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12