New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Ok...Lets Not Talk About The Olympics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ok...Lets Not Talk About The Olympics

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
maxibuddah View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more
Avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 09
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1731
Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 21 at 7:58am
Don't blame the BBC for the Olympic coverage. Discovery+ apparently paid 920m for the rights. I can almost guarantee you would have been moaning if the Beeb had outbid them for that. How the hell are the supposed to compete? 

When sports chases the dollar as the Olympics do the only way it is going to be on terrestial TV is if the Government forces it to be, but then that would probably be considered communist. Oh and the BBC are not 'woke' just because they don't broadcast things that agree with your point of view. 
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
Back to Top
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more
Avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 11
Location: Hythe
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6236
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 21 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by maxibuddah

How the hell are the supposed to compete?
When sports chases the dollar as the Olympics do the only way it is going to be on terrestial TV is if the Government forces it to be, but then that would probably be considered communist. Oh and the BBC are not 'woke' just because they don't broadcast things that agree with your point of view.



How are they supposed to compete, what with their revenue? Very Easily, just stop paying stupid money for football and even more stupid money to its commentators.

Yes the BBC are most definitely woke and all things PC beyond absurdity. Beyond Steve Wright and Ken Bruce I struggle to even find someone male or even sounds like a male, the female pendulum has swung way out of control, the only way blokes seem to get a job is to sound like wimmen and preferably wimmen with an estuary accent and slightly to the left of Karl Marx.

Yes the Government should step in, if it forces us to pay the BBC by law, then that law should ensure that incidence of national importance are thoroughly covered.
Back to Top
PeterG View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 12 Jan 08
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 795
Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 21 at 4:07pm
Take a cold shower and lie down GRF, you're beginning to have hallucinations.
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
Back to Top
Paramedic View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 27 Jan 06
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 814
Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 21 at 7:40am
Originally posted by iGRF


How are they supposed to compete, what with their revenue? Very Easily, just stop paying stupid money for football and even more stupid money to its commentators.

errr they don't. The money they pay for PL highlights is a drop in the ocean compared to what Sky pay. I dread to think what Sky pay their pundits and commentators!

The BBC in its current form can't compete. That means things need to change, but if they do will it still be free to air? A Sky sports subscription costs roughly per month what a terrestrial licence costs per quarter.


Edited by Paramedic - 07 Aug 21 at 7:42am
Back to Top
Grumpycat View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king


Joined: 29 Sep 20
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 21 at 10:15am
Originally posted by iGRF

Got to disagree there, what is the point of having a National Service basically taxed from us via a TV license fee if something as Nationally Important as an Olympic Games is 'traded off' so some other deal later can be broadcast.

If it is so that we're now in a world of paying various commercial operators to view basic stuff, then no point in paying a license fee for the BBC woke service.

I mean they do so much coverage for our grass roots sports do they? Not.

Nice to see your can still post as much utter sh@t as always .
As always, totally incorrect on every fact . 
Back to Top
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more
Avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 11
Location: Hythe
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6236
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 21 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Grumpycat


Originally posted by iGRF

Got to disagree there, what is the point of having a National Service basically taxed from us via a TV license fee if something as Nationally Important as an Olympic Games is 'traded off' so some other deal later can be broadcast.

If it is so that we're now in a world of paying various commercial operators to view basic stuff, then no point in paying a license fee for the BBC woke service.

I mean they do so much coverage for our grass roots sports do they? Not.

Nice to see your can still post as much utter sh@t as always .
As always, totally incorrect on every fact .


Nice to see you're awake, but er has the matron missed your medication?
Back to Top
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 08 Jan 15
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2719
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 21 at 12:45pm
Team GBR only organisation causing these issues, lottery money has attracted more none athletes to the organisation, staggering number of back room staff, money also attracted executives to handle large sums of money, executives then need to ensure their survival by attracting more money, hence selling to the highest bidder, rather than a free to air broadcaster. Olympians who lose their grants are directly proportional to increased costs of none athletic staff, vicious circle.
Robert
Back to Top
PeterG View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 12 Jan 08
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 795
Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 21 at 10:59am
The IOC, not Team GBR own and franchise the rights.
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
Back to Top
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more


Joined: 08 Jan 15
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2719
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 21 at 11:22am
Correct, mixing up two organisations, but exactly the same issue, helped by drink

Edited by 423zero - 08 Aug 21 at 12:00pm
Robert
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.665y
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz
Change your personal settings, or read our privacy policy