FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolero Quarter tonnner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tripple 7 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tripple 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bolero Quarter tonnner
    Posted: 06 Nov 20 at 10:02pm
Hello

I have found a really cheap modified bolero 25 qt and was wondering what people think abouit them. It has a modified rig and liiks standard cast iron keel by Dave Thomas.
Is it worth buying and investing in sails and a refit or move on to something else.
It is cheap and is a well equipped if not well raced boat.

I would love some advice and maybe some websites and forums with insider knowledge to help me make a decision. Any help welcome.

Cheers
barco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote barco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 20 at 5:27pm
It's hard to tell from the outside, but you have to be aware that the refit takes a lot of time and work as well. So this means that you have to decide for yourself whether it is worth it or if it is too much work for you at the end…
tripple 7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tripple 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 20 at 9:56pm
tripple 7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tripple 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 20 at 10:02pm
Hi
Thanks for coming back. Since posting here I have looked into it a lot and they are an ok boat but not quarter ton performers. This boat also has many structural issues which need addressing,|I have boat yard facilities available but not much time.
The budget including a new suit of sails would come in around 6k. Im not sure its worth it. It does have a tcc of 880 so perhaps class 3 could be fun.

DBS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 21 at 7:21am
There is one in Lymington, with deeper lead keel, taller rig and good sails. I think it is on Facebook, but contact me if not

DBS
 Post Reply Post Reply