FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st October - sports clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st October - sports clubs
    Posted: 02 Nov 20 at 4:13pm
Not written into law, until its been debated. Should add get onto your MP.

Edited by 423zero - 02 Nov 20 at 5:48pm
Robert
didlydon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote didlydon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 11:26am
Well....Can we carry on sailing after Thursday then?? Confused

Vareo 365

turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 11:30am
nothing confirmed yet- see RYA Tweet, but Michael Gove corrected an earlier statement where he inaccurately indicated tennis courts & golf courses could remain open.

I'm not entirely sure how you can be stopped from sailing on the sea by yourself without extensive restrictions in the land travel aspect of getting there.

https://twitter.com/RYA/status/1323204682286878728

Edited by turnturtle - 03 Nov 20 at 11:31am
Sussex Lad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 3:29pm
If Y&Y employ us to do boat reviews we can say we're doing it for a living.....sorted.
GarethT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GarethT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 4:42pm
Elite sport continues, so I will be dragging the wife out in the corribee to train for the 2024 mixed 2 person keelboat.

She's not impressed, but she can always sit down below with a book.
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 7:55pm
Ian Walker of the RYA  has posted a link to the proposed legislation in the Facebook group Restart sailing.
The general consensus seems to be that unless it’s altered in the House of Commons , we are in a for a four break from sailing . 
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Grumpycat

Ian Walker of the RYA  has posted a link to the proposed legislation in the Facebook group Restart sailing.
The general consensus seems to be that unless it’s altered in the House of Commons , we are in a for a four break from sailing . 

My read on the comments on Restart sailing is that there is a bit of a consensus building around organised racing being cancelled but free sailing remaining an option
H2 #115 (sold)
H2 145
OK 2082
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 8:31pm
https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-advice/current-affairs/Pages/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx
Nothing official yet.
Robert
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 20 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by H2

My read on the comments on Restart sailing is that there is a bit of a consensus building around organised racing being cancelled but free sailing remaining an option

Think even that is more a hope than an expectation. Though I really hope I am wrong and free sailing will be allowed. 
Even though, TBH at my club because of the time of year and the current COVID regs , none of us have any interest in opening the club if we cannot race . But I know lots of sailors at other clubs would love to just free sail.  Smile

Edited by Grumpycat - 03 Nov 20 at 8:56pm
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 20 at 8:55am
Originally posted by H2

Its that grey area of whether sailing for pleasure (ie not racing) is a sport for some.

What is a bit ridiculous is that I may not be able to sail at my local club but I could wheel my boat down to the river (200m from my house) and go sail up and down the river.... or go kayaking or paddleboarding on the same river.... or I could hop on my bike and ride anywhere I please.
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>