FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st October - sports clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
turnturtle View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st October - sports clubs
    Posted: 22 Sep 20 at 11:44am
Did Boris just say all sports clubs to shut from 1st October?
maxibuddah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 20 at 12:47pm
seen this on it

The rule of six will apply to all adult indoor team sports, Mr Johnson told MPs today.

He added: “The spread of the virus is now affecting our ability to reopen business conferences, exhibitions and large sporting events, so we will not be able to do this from 1st October and I recognise the implications for our sports clubs which are the life and soul of our communities.”

Breaking the rules will lead to a fine of £200 for the first offence - double the original penalty.

Everything I say is my opinion, honest
Mozzy View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 20 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by turnturtle

Did Boris just say all sports clubs to shut from 1st October?

No, he didn't. 

The exemption for indoor sports will be removed, so no indoor 5-aside. Could still play tennis though, I guess. Either way, not relevant for sailing. That's on Monday, 28th though. 

The plan to return fans to stadiums on 1sy of October has been halted, maybe that's where you heard 1st of October.

Seems like no change for sailing.

Inside the club house if you have a bar / restaurant then there will be some changes there from Thursday. 

Edited by Mozzy - 22 Sep 20 at 2:04pm
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 20 at 2:25pm
Yep, Maxi has the transcript .... I hope he's referring to spectator stadium events
maxibuddah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 20 at 3:21pm
I think I heard it as the sports club was referring to the postponement of the re-opening of larger venues, such as football stadia. 
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 20 at 7:37pm
Anyone managed to work out new rules for sport in general and sailing in particular, from Thursday?
Robert
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 20 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by 423zero

Anyone managed to work out new rules for sport in general and sailing in particular, from Thursday?

Pro sport can carry on, for reasons unknown, but presumably because Boris has shares in Betfred. I think the rest of us are stuffed.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
fab100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 20 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Rupert

Originally posted by 423zero

Pro sport can carry on, for reasons unknown, but presumably because Boris has shares in Betfred. I think the rest of us are stuffed.

Sounds like I might have to pay each of my potential competitors £1 per race to make them professionals then. And get one of them to pay me £1.

I went along with the no-sailing nonsense in the spring, but I'm feeling really rebellious this time

Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 20 at 10:42pm
But we can still exercise outdoors and travel to exercise, while discouraged, is not banned?

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 31 Oct 20 at 10:46pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Sussex Lad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 20 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

But we can still exercise outdoors and travel to exercise, while discouraged, is not banned?

Can we travel to exercise? That's not how I read it. Happy to be wrong though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>