FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 metre distancing = 2 person boats OK now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
polc1410 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote polc1410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 20 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by H2

Common sense needs to be applied in my view. Walk out your door and it seems that the general public is already applying common sense in most cases so we should be able to do the same in our boats! In fact from what I have seen, people are already sailing two person boats as Paramedic says but they have decided to stay off social media for fear of a grilling from those that like a good rule.
But are they 2 people from the same household (perfectly fine) or from a bubble (also fine) or ignoring the "rules"

Interestingly the law stops > 6 people meeting (or racing)but doesn't actually stop 2 people being <2m, thats guidance.
polc1410 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote polc1410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 20 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by tink

Id love to know the what the equivalent of one and two meters face to face vs both facing the same way. Think they should be emphasising the not face to face more than they are 
In a dinghy context... with no mask on... you will to some extend be breathing onto the opposite deck/gunwale, and then swapping sides.  May be a chance you are sitting on the other person's droplets.  Then touching that, and dare I say at some point wiping spray from your face.  Don't think you will get data at that level.

The assumption of any model sitting side by side rather than opposite, would be that you don't then move to the next seat! 
ChrisI View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 20 at 9:21pm
What a joy.....
First time out on the water today since Feb and perfect conditions on the Thames in central London.
In fact we haven't needed to wait until any 1 metre rule comes in as we are in a 'bubble'.
Not a cloud in the sky, nor an aeroplane or contrail.....
Wonderful!
NickA View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 20 at 4:13pm
I will fess up to sailing with my crew on Sunday.  We were at a much lower level of proximity than many people having BBQs on the shore; there were only the two of us in a quite large radius (lots of lake, few boats).  In fact the wind was so light we were sat on opposite sides of the boat with the sail acting as a screen between us for most of the time.  The Club says "it is up to members"  and frankly compared to the things I have to do at work it felt pretty safe .. or at least "a small marginal risk" to the rest of the world.
3604 ...lapse of reason
Javelin 558
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 20 at 5:57pm
Having walked past the play park today, where mums were sitting next to each other, teens were playing football or gathered in huddlestone, small kids running around together, sitting in a 2 person boat is at least a small gathering.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
Mozzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 20 at 2:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12