FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Racing Allowed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Racing Allowed?
    Posted: 29 May 20 at 7:32pm
Let's hope it doesn't get debated in the media, mind, would ease the pressure on Boris and Dom.
Robert
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 20 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by NickM99

The Government regs on exercise for June remain unchanged in that you can only play a sport against one other person, but you can now socially mix up to six from two different households.  So e.g presumably family team tennis doubles is OK after all?  Confusing.
The LTA have written to the DCMS today to seek clarification of exactly this.
nutonthetiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nutonthetiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 20 at 9:00pm
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 20 at 9:13pm
Informal  Racing.

I don't think Shustoke are doing any harm. But what they have professed to be doing is not in my view in the spirit of the regulations until 1st June.

But by attracting new members to join them to take part I think they could cause themselves problems and in the long run everybody if the wheels come off. I know they are operating a limit to the number of people on site, so if I was them I wouldn't be accepting new members - except possibly Dominic Cummings.

Edited by Paramedic - 30 May 20 at 7:53am
sargesail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sargesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 20 at 10:15pm
[QUOTE=NickM99] [---]The Government regs on exercise for June remain unchanged in that you can only play a sport against one other person, but you can now socially mix up to six from two different households. 

Nick - can you share where you got that about about only playing a sport with one other person? Specifically you refer to the regulations. For me that means the legislation- I don’t recall reading that in the Act.

sargesail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sargesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 20 at 10:46pm
So I’ll answer my own question. From 1 Jun the situation changes and you can exercise or play sport in groups of up to six people (if you can social distance).

See para 1.5:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
Mozzy View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 20 at 12:08am
We've not had the legislation for the 1st of June on wards yet. But we've been told it's up to 6 people in England (no limit on number of households). How this will be worded is yet to be seen (by me at least).

Since the 13th of May its been permissible to exercise with up to one other person from another household. And you've been able to meet up socially with one other person from another household, but must be in a public place.

Legally in England there is no 2m law. Although 2m is still in Government guidance. So, two people sailing together from different households aren't breaking the law. 

Edited by Mozzy - 30 May 20 at 12:09am
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 20 at 7:47am
Originally posted by zeon

I have to say I don’t have a problem with what this club is doing ( I am a past member of the club)  and am sure the polices and practices they have put in place at robust and well thought out . Also that the risks taken by sailing are a lot less than most things we are allowed to do . But I do feel that they are jumping the gun re racing and have compounded this posting what they are doing in social media. I know of certain sailors who are looking to join the club just for the racing  Unhappy

you can't blame them for stealing the march on this.... travelling to events is going to take a hit, dinghy sailing in general probably is.  Given the ageing demographic in dinghy sailing and Dougal's cliff edge fast approaching, it's probably a case for survival of the fittest (and least risk averse).
rich96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rich96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 20 at 8:28am
Whoever at that club thought that publishing a report and results was a good idea has done none of us any favours

This is the sort of thing that may raise questions

Keep a low profile and be sensible

zeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 20 at 8:46am
.."...

Edited by zeon - 01 Oct 20 at 12:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>