FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RS200 Harken kite ratchet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
piglet View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RS200 Harken kite ratchet
    Posted: 25 May 20 at 7:06pm
Calling any 200 experts
Our boat (1062) needs a new Harken kite ratchet and I forgot to bring it home. Crew complaining bitterly.
Any ideas which one? I'm confident it's factory original.
Thanks in advance.
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 7:45pm
We use series 40 Ronstan auto ratchets, but the Harken equivalent is want you need.
Musto Skiff and Solo sailor
jaydub View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote jaydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 10:02pm
You definitely need 40mm ratchet blocks.

I'm struggling to think back to what may been specced around the time of 1062.

Of our last couple of 200s, I think 910 may have had Holt auto-ratchets; 1560 has Harken carbo (manual on/off) ratchets.

We have friends who own 1068, so can always ask them if you want a more definitive answer.
piglet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 10:19pm
Thanks,
Harken carbo blocks sound right, not sure on size, might be ,40mm so is that a 2608 ?
Nice price, made of rarest unobtainium I assume.
jaydub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jaydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 8:07am
It's a 2608 on ours.  Not cheap, but what price do you put on quality?

I've always found Harken stuff to be ultra reliable.
piglet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 5:07pm
Must be right then, I'll get one ordered.
I expect the Harken pack is original to the boat, we've had it 6 years, sail all year round and this is the first bit that's failed.
But it's still bloody expensive.
jaydub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jaydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 7:04pm
Around your boat age, RS started to offer offered a Harken upgrade pack as a lot of people were just replacing the standard Holt blocks and Mainsheet jammer with Harken kit as soon as they got the boats.

We have some friends that bought 1072 and declined the upgrade offer, so your boat could be all Holt, all Harken or a mixture of the two.

Not very helpful, but if they have lasted this long from new I would think you have Harkens on the boat.

From memory the Holt blocks were autoratchet and the Harken blocks were manual, so if you can switch them on and off they will almost certainly be Harkens.
piglet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 9:54pm
Yes, we have the Harken pack and the block is definitely Harken, written all over it.
Our Harken pack only extends to sheet blocks & maybe kit halyard blocks.
The rest is Holt I think, or maybe Ronstan.
jaydub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jaydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 20 at 8:21pm
If it's not Harken, it will be Holt.  I don't believe RS have ever fitted Ronstan.
 Post Reply Post Reply