FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best way to mount a GoPro?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
marwen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote marwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best way to mount a GoPro?
    Posted: 08 Jun 20 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

Mozzy has a great video explaining the options in this page (4th post down) :- http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13588&KW=&PID=1422901&title=plan-for-the-return-to-the-water#1422901

Its really good! highly recommend
Mozzy View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 20 at 8:34am
It's nice to see that even with $100 million budgets, that ETNZ are still sticking $30 action camera's to their spreaders

Chris_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 20 at 8:37am
What kind of remote controls do these cameras have?. I cant see someone climbing to the spreaders to turn the things on. Even my GoPro 8 voice command feature is not reliable
Mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 20 at 8:59am
They're not gopro cases, well certainly not anything recent. 

Most have a bluetooth or wifi remote switch, but nothing that would be that reliable up a mast so high. My guess is they use they have bought some cheap action camera's and made a custom reliable bluetooth switch or even have a wired switch. 

There's some camera's on the top of the rig which are link to the sail depth bands and will pulling out the sail shapes from there. This isn't a great angle for doing that, so I reckon they might just be a visual aid for the jib trimmer, real time display down in the pit to see where the leech is on the spreader. That can be down via wifi as well, but a wire would be more reliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12