FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plan for the return to the water...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 20 at 7:39am
Rugby will be missing for a while, only martial arts have similar contact, Dancing probably another activity going to be hard to bring back.
H2, good video, you could see boat accelerate when you sheeted in, were you in your H2?
Robert
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 20 at 8:00am
Originally posted by 423zero

Rugby will be missing for a while, only martial arts have similar contact, Dancing probably another activity going to be hard to bring back.
H2, good video, you could see boat accelerate when you sheeted in, were you in your H2?

Yep was in my H2 - it does accelerate quickly - a few times I have come out of a gybe and gone out the back because I was standing up and it took off. The lake I sail on can be very gusty and the wind direction on Wednesday is the worst hence why the boat was a bit on / off.
H2 #115
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 20 at 8:33am
I sailed on your water years ago, picked up a 'Comet' from there, have sailed at Whitefriars several times. Lovely area.
Robert
Chris_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 20 at 8:37pm
We are back. Perfect day for it, and had some fun:

Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 20 at 3:46pm
Nice to be able to fly today, no sailing whilst I was there but certainly had a few motor boats moored off Osea island.

cad99uk View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote cad99uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 20 at 7:30am
Thanks for that. Marconi Sailing Club... Sailed from there in the mid 70s. Happy days.
Mozzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 20 at 6:06pm
A successful weekend at HISC for the restart of sailing.

We checked over our boat on Friday, the first day the club reopened, then got out on the water Sunday. There were a handful of RS200's on the water who we sailed around with, but nothing organised, no even rabbit races. Maybe in future weeks we'll move to that. 

The club operated limited opening hours, which personally I thought could lead to over crowding. But in practice it allowed club staff to man the main gate and keep an accurate tally of numbers. At HISC we have an issue with with non-members tailgating through the card operated barrier and parking up on the causeway for a day at the beach. 

One thing which was really nice, was the amount of families sailing, encouraged by the single household rules, who were out enjoying the water together.

The club is taking a break for two days to evaluate how the weekend went, then hopefully we can come back again later in the week.

423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 20 at 7:16pm
More wind where you were than here, nothing better to see than a sail boat kicking up its heels.
Nothing from my club yet.
Robert
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 20 at 9:21am
Had fun over the weekend - my wife said she fancied a sail so we borrowed a doublehander from a mate on Saturday and she sailed me around the pond. On Sunday I was out trying to help Simon from SailRacer on a new app he is working on so I made a course, pinged the GPS location of the buoys and raced myself on average laps until the sun went down! Was so great to be back on the water, planning a day off on Friday as the breeze looks good!
H2 #115
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 20 at 9:59am
Nice video mozzy (as usual) looks like you all had a good day  Thumbs Up
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>