FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plan for the return to the water...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>
Author
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 8:09am
Just been reading south Carney's plan summary on FB. Fingers crossed people have common sense and stay alert.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Rupert

Just been reading south Carney's plan summary on FB. Fingers crossed people have common sense and stay alert.

Will wave over the hedge later Rupert! We put a huge effort into the re-opening in terms of risk assessments and thinking through how to enable people to be sensible. I think that people are more sensible than you imagine and that the majority will make it work. 
H2 #115 (sold)
H2 145
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 8:57am
Perhaps check your public liability for infectious disease transmission, especially if you are a trustee.
Robert
Mozzy View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 9:07am
Originally posted by H2

"lockdown-mozzy-masthead-cam" with me for a blast!
Thumbs Up

Looks a nice day.

Off topic but I did this on using cameras for self coaching. Less chance of getting racing, or a coach / instructor for some time, so a good opportunity to do some self coaching.

H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 9:41am
Thanks Mozzy - I subscribe to your channel and watched that one yesterday and enjoyed it. Am excited by the masthead one as really wanted to do some work on my rig set up and was looking at drones that follow you but they are mega bucks and can annoy people on a smallish lake so am looking forward to doing some analysis using your set up!
H2 #115 (sold)
H2 145
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 9:42am
Originally posted by 423zero

Perhaps check your public liability for infectious disease transmission, especially if you are a trustee.

Have done and spoke to our brokers who gave us the all clear so long as we reflect the Government advice, which we are doing.
H2 #115 (sold)
H2 145
RTFM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote RTFM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 9:48am
See latest at: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-guidance-on-access-to-green-spaces

Nobby.
RTFM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote RTFM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 9:50am
And for those Chichester Harbour users: https://www.conservancy.co.uk/page/latest-news
Nobby.
fab100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 20 at 11:36am

The ClubSailor found himself writing again this morning - with some ideas and suggestions to ensure those of us that can and do resume sailing don't unnecessarily get into trouble and are exercising common sense and personal responsibility. 

FWIW, article is here http://clubsailor.co.uk/wp/covid-19-before-resuming-sailing/ 

(PS why is the formatting still playing silly-devils?)

Edited by fab100 - 13 May 20 at 11:38am
fleaberto View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote fleaberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 20 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Rupert

Our club being more cautious, putting risk assessments and a plan based on them in place before allowing a reopening.

After all, nothing has actually changed in terms of spreading covid since yesterday.

One of my clubs is following this same route. Our plan at the moment is to be a phased opening, probably in line with most other places.

This won't, however, be straight away. Being a tad more cautious of a quick return to Def Con 1, we've decided to aim for the 1st weekend of June as a potential start date. If things are looking better it may even mean we can skip to 'Phase 2' straight away - which will exclude fewer people.

'Phased' plans are good, but they do, obviously, exclude a good part of the club memberships.
I'm sure club members will understand the need to approach opening carefully, but communication is key.
Just saying: "Right, we're open... but only for competent/single hander/adults/own boats/own equipment  /no facilities etc" without explaining to those that don't fit that demograph just breeds a them & us scenario and creates cliques that we'd rather not see.
I'd prefer to hold off for another two/three weeks and see a slightly bigger and more representative group of people enjoying our water if the UK moves down a level on alert.

I've seen loads of comments on club sites along the lines of: "Right, govt says we can go sailing!, I'll be down on Wednesday - can't see why not" with no concept of the fact that it doesn't mean that a club HAS to open, just because it probably can.

'Phase 1' for me has been to check my kit and buy a changing tent for the inevitable 'No changing/toilet facilities' for a while  Big smile

Edited by fleaberto - 15 May 20 at 6:04pm
Lightning368 'All the Gear' (409), Lightning368 'Sprite' (101), Intl 420 ('Little Minx'),Contender 'Mild Oats' (620)- For Sale, Laser (big number) 'Yellow Jack', RS Vareo (432)'The Golden Rays'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>