FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clubs still allowing sailing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
Author
zeon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clubs still allowing sailing
    Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by 423zero

I try not to be rude, I will call posts that I think need calling, iGRF isn't only rude poster on here, I am astonished by the vitriol, he is one of the most outspoken and interesting members, I am sure a lot of his posts are to produce a reaction.

Totally agree .But can  I correct you on one thing. ALL his posts are to produce a reaction and that is the dictionary description of a troll.  Smile

Edited by zeon - 26 Apr 20 at 1:48pm
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 1:58pm
A iGRF troll a Groll.
Robert
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 2:26pm
Zeon, there are folk who come on here, also when they're bored, some post interesting stuff, some even educate, but others just like nothing more than to snipe from the sidelines, you and the double barrelled fe-male who's name I don't even try to recall.

Prove me wrong, highlight to me one of your most informative posts...

And I'll take anything and everything derogatory I might have said to or about you back.

Edited by iGRF - 26 Apr 20 at 2:29pm
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 2:30pm
A decade ago I started an excellent thread about favourite pizzas. I've been resting on my laurels ever since.

Maybe next year I'll come up with something else insightful.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 2:42pm
Is there a better tea than Yorkshire tea?
Robert
zeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Zeon, there are folk who come on here, also when they're bored, some post interesting stuff, some even educate, but others just like nothing more than to snipe from the sidelines, you and the double barrelled fe-male who's name I don't even try to recall.

Prove me wrong, highlight to me one of your most informative posts...

And I'll take anything and everything derogatory I might have said to or about you back.

As I said you you would . You just attacked me personally , after all these years it’s about time you got past page one of the TROLL handbook  LOL LOL LOL

Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by davidyacht

My personal opinion is that it might be easiest at the beginning of any opening up, to sail my single hander “not under the club banner” alongside mates who can be safety buddies, in favourable conditions and if we want some racing, then do rabbit starts. 

Agreed.

Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by turnturtle

I wonder what insurances are in place for clubs who elect to reduce/remove safety cover?  I guess it's case by case.  Extending your point about some returning to sailing before others, the obvious category which may suffer is childrens and youth sailing, if safety cover needs compromising.

There are loads of clubs out there that don't mandate safety cover and never have. The vast majority of these are probably coastal of all places!

Club insurance - none issue. We aren't talking proper organised racing, we are talking as DavidYacht suggests at best "rabbit" races to begin with.

This may be less of an issue than we think with more recent advise (Was it yesterday?) that will be aimed at getting sport and leisure moving again. Outdoors the risk of transmission is shown to be far lower, and you probably can maintain a level of social distance in a RIB if it's big enough. What do you do if there's a casualty? The same as if someone falls off their bike, hurts themselves running etc etc.
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 3:57pm
agreed - totally.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 20 at 3:59pm
deleted

Edited by A2Z - 26 Apr 20 at 4:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>