FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona Virus - subscription renewals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 20 at 11:36am
Most clubs have eccentric boats. They are at the back of the boat park with weeds growing round them.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 20 at 5:03pm
That's where I get all my boats from  Smile
Robert
The Moo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Moo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 20 at 8:34pm
We are in a very fortunate position where we can pay our subs in full on the due date and will do so. I recognise that others may not be so lucky. I would therefore hope that all Clubs including ours can be flexible about the collection of payments by either deferral or installments where required. We need to discourage people from resigning.

For some the boat parking space will be the leverage to renew as they have nowhere at home to keep their boat and I guess the 2nd hand market has all but collapsed?
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 20 at 11:34pm
My club have just advised that all on the water activity is now banned at the request of the local public health office. I have my Blaze at home so can do some much needed work on it but had not planned to sail for the moment as we are staying at home, partly because me and Mrs Spoons are both at higher risk and partly because minimising social contact makes sense to slow the spread of C19. 

My subs are paid for this year and while not being able to sail is a bit of a bummer I'll try my best to make good use of the time in other activities. 
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
zeon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 20 at 12:07am
The comments on this thread are so heart warming . Itís so lovely to know people love their clubs and what their clubs does for them as much as I do . Smile
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 20 at 1:02am
It's not entirely surprising, I have been a member of my club for 66 years on and off (on for 5 years, off for 57 and on again for the last 3 Ĺ  Wink )
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
maxibuddah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 20 at 8:20am
I've paid mine not to sail, but then thats little different to any other year, I rarely get out on the water these days. I would want to help support the club by paying my subs but I'm lucky that I'm able to work from home at the moment and getting paid. If though I had lost my job, etc and sailing was a luxury then I may be forced to think otherwise, but it would be reluctantly as I was forced to. 
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
Gordon 1430 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon 1430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 20 at 3:04pm
Already paid mine and want club to be there when this is over.

Gordon
Phantom 1430
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 20 at 3:45pm
It'll be the floating members that we lose. The trouble is they are a signifiant source of many club's income.
ian.r.mcdonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ian.r.mcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 20 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Paramedic

It'll be the floating members that we lose. The trouble is they are a signifiant source of many club's income.

This floating 25% are often the ones dodging duties and being less involved in the club anyway.

My view is that having a club with finances based on the "real" members might have to be more careful on spending but will be nicer.

Most clubs have dropped the old fashioned joining fee, desperate to get these floaters. How about all the clubs in an area getting together and reintroducing the joining fee and perhaps having a better chance of keeping the drifters and maybe showing them the advantage of involvment?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>