FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona Virus - subscription renewals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Paramedic View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Gordon 1430

Very conflicted about this. I can walk about 200 yds to my boat launch and recover without causing anyone hassle and have been doing this for years so no when to say don't its risky. But I can see the moral side of not doing it because others cant.
 I would turn  up changed and return home changed so no using changing rooms.
Would I make others try it? I don't know unless they were already working out how to manage without causing anyone hassle.

Nobody for me has blown a hole in the argument that taking my singlehander for a sail is no worse or if anything safer for me and others than riding my bike. In fact if I was to ride my bike round the reservoir it would be quite difficult to maintain social distance based upon what I saw today. I was contemplating going for a walk round but it was busier than any weekend I've seen for a long time and I didn't. The water however was unused. All 100 acres of it in a lovely force 3.

I suppose its inevitable on a nice day that people do want to go out and walk, cycle, run or whatever. I think you'll find that 3/4 of those who went to Skegness, Snowdonia etc at the weekend thought that they were doing what had been asked of them - the trouble was they all did it at the same time!

My singlehander is currently tucked up on my drive however being bimbled until restrictions are lifted. Hopefully that wont be too long!

Edited by Paramedic - 26 Mar 20 at 4:46pm
ttc546 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ttc546 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 4:52pm

I think I will exit this topic, as I have said more than enough I am sure to try and impart some sense - apart from this last photo that perhaps sums up some of the posters here

Stay safe, take care. Donít be, or cause, a statistic through your own stupidity.

Love to all x

Edited by ttc546 - 26 Mar 20 at 4:53pm
Chris
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:02pm
I know that it is illogical but in some ways it does matter what other people think.

Yes a few might be able to fall out of their front door and into their boat. Unfortunately people seeing this don't know the full or even in this instance the short story and as is understandable at times of stress will assume the worst.

The instruction is clear on the reasons to leave home. As far as exercise goes, walking or cycling for the overwhelming majority are the only options from home. 

Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:13pm
Brexit - people lost the ability to disagree without calling those other side of the fence stupid.

Corona virus crisis - everyone thinks that have gained the right to judge people whom they know next to nothing about AND call people whom they think don't conform with their circumstances and expectations stupid.

Isn't the human race great  LOL
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:20pm
Why are people who are told by the government that they can walk, run or cycle stupid for questioning someone sailing along in their boat?
Robert
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Paramedic

Originally posted by Gordon 1430

Very conflicted about this. I can walk about 200 yds to my boat launch and recover without causing anyone hassle and have been doing this for years so no when to say don't its risky. But I can see the moral side of not doing it because others cant.
†I would turn† up changed and return home changed so no using changing rooms.
Would I make others try it? I don't know unless they were already working out how to manage without causing anyone hassle.

Nobody for me has blown a hole in the argument that taking my singlehander for a sail is no worse or if anything safer for me and others than riding my bike. In fact if I was to ride my bike round the reservoir it would be quite difficult to maintain social distance based upon what I saw today. I was contemplating going for a walk round but it was busier than any weekend I've seen for a long time and I didn't. The water however was unused. All 100 acres of it in a lovely force 3.
I suppose its inevitable on a nice day that people do want to go out and walk, cycle, run or whatever. I think you'll find that 3/4 of those who went to Skegness, Snowdonia etc at the weekend thought that they were doing what had been asked of them - the trouble was they all did it at the same time!
My singlehander is currently tucked up on my drive however being bimbled until restrictions are lifted. Hopefully that wont be too long!

Because, rightly or wrongly, you will be perceived as a bit of a t**ser.

Sailing doesn't need the stereotype extended.

The LTA are doing the right thing, of course the bloody Royal Yachting Association remains the epitome of british exceptionalism and elitist w**kery.

Edited by turnturtle - 26 Mar 20 at 5:48pm
Jamie600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jamie600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:45pm
Well our club has made the decision for us - locked the gates and changed the code for both gates and club house, now unquestionably off limits
RS600 810
Rupert View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:45pm
Personally, I think it was an error to include cycling. Suddenly equipment and speed are introduced, which opens up travelling as far from home as you might drive for a walk.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:49pm
Agree, but then a number of key workers couldn't get across London without their bike
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by turnturtle

e bloody Royal Yachting Association remains the epitome of british exceptionalism and elitist w**kery.

So what do you do if you live on your boat?

People do. Narrowboats, motor cruisers and yachts.

Edited by Paramedic - 26 Mar 20 at 6:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>