FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona Virus - subscription renewals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corona Virus - subscription renewals
    Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 9:43am
I am determined to change my attitude in some way if I survive, perhaps laugh more, (certainly going to buy me a new bike Smile), not sure yet, but, something.
Robert
Riv View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Riv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 9:45am
A2Z, club has no way of restricting access by owners to their own craft. Many owners live within 5mins walk of their boat.

It is a personal decision based upon their own moral, and ethical position  to take an informed decision as to whether they use their boat. However the centre of a river by yourself is isolated. The foreshore is large and proximity easily avoided if one should wish.
Mistral Div II prototype board, Original Windsurfer, Hornet built'74.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 9:56am
Robert
ttc546 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ttc546 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Riv

A2Z, club has no way of restricting access by owners to their own craft. Many owners live within 5mins walk of their boat.

It is a personal decision based upon their own moral, and ethical position  to take an informed decision as to whether they use their boat. However the centre of a river by yourself is isolated. The foreshore is large and proximity easily avoided if one should wish.

It is well reported on the news, that many police forces are telling people they find in such circumstances (i.e sunbathing and sport activities) to go the f**k home as per Gov instructions. We can all argue the toss as to whether sailing is social distancing or not - but the rules are (now) clear. You can go for a walk, run, cycle or allotment once a day. Otherwise, stay at home. I am not sure why people have such a problem understanding this.

Edited by ttc546 - 26 Mar 20 at 10:16am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Riv

I understand the club can’t physically restrict access, but it can - and should - put out a statement to all members that sailing is not allowed until further notice. That is simple, clear and unambiguous advice. Otherwise someone who can walk there will feel entitled, and someone who can only drive there will be envious and join them. It is NOT a personal decision, the government has been very clear. It is regrettable that the RYA has not been clearer with its message to avoid this situation.

At any rate, stay safe and act responsibly. Hope to see you all on the racecourse in the not to distant future :)

Edited by A2Z - 26 Mar 20 at 10:21am
ttc546 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ttc546 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 10:20am
Originally posted by A2Z

I understand the club can’t physically restrict access, but it can - and should - put out a statement to all members that sailing is not allowed until further notice. That is simple, clear and unambiguous advice. Otherwise someone who can walk there will feel entitled, and someone who can only drive there will be envious and join them. It is NOT a personal decision, the government has been very clear. It is regrettable that the RYA has not been clearer with its message to avoid this situation.

Agree on all counts. Espcially the message re-RYA
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 10:28am
I have found over the years that sailors are probably in the higher intellectual band, have more responsible attitudes etc, what chance has government got with less organised people?
Robert
Sussex Lad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 11:23am
Originally posted by 423zero

I have found over the years that sailors are probably in the higher intellectual band, have more responsible attitudes etc, what chance has government got with less organised people?

.........and elitist.

As an advert for sailing, Fail. LOL
NickM99 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 11:58am
Agree. Sends totally the wrong message.
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 20 at 1:00pm
Intelligent? People who spend loads of money on expensive equipment so they can go out, mostly, in boats that a designed to be unstable and then get thrown in the water at the drop of a hat. I'm not sure everyone would agree  Tongue
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>