FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

West Mersea launching trolleys.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
fleaberto View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fleaberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Mersea launching trolleys.
    Posted: 07 Dec 19 at 7:15pm
Has anyone bought one of West Mersea's Aluminium trolleys?
A bit of a silly question but do they still fit ok on road bases? I have a WM double stacker that's about 5 or 6 years old and need a trolley for my Contender. The new ally trolleys look quite different but I assume they still slot into the WM road bases ok?

I have tried contacting them directly but with no response  Confused
Lightning368 'All the Gear' (409), Lightning368 'Sprite' (101), Laser (big number) 'Yellow Jack', RS Vareo (432)'The Golden Rays'
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 19 at 9:11pm
I read somewhere that the Blaze (250 in steel) trolly needs a 275 road base.

You might get a quicker response off their facebook page.........

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 07 Dec 19 at 9:13pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
giraffe View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote giraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 19 at 11:23pm
Sadly in my experience getting a West Mersea trolley to fit another West Mersea base is a bit like playing the lottery
zeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 19 at 11:50pm
. If you are buying new go to sovereign or admiral. Other wise you will have to try and find someone to modify what you have to fit .
Sovereign still might be your best bet for this too. 

Edited by zeon - 11 Dec 19 at 2:08pm
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 19 at 9:30am
I suspect that you could give Rob at Sovereign your road base to ensure that the trolley fits.  I use a Sovereign ally trolley and I would never have anything else.
Happily living in the past
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 19 at 10:15am
I have two road bases, my mate has one, and between us three 250 trollies, various manufacturers* but all are interchangeable.

* IIRC, Bases, West Mersea, Indispension and Streamline, trollies, Streamline and 2 x WM.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
eric_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote eric_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 19 at 5:14pm
Sovereign are nice, but nothing else fits on my Sovereign road base, even a Trident Laser trolley is too wide.

There were some rumours of fatigue failures in Ali trolleys if you do a lot of road miles? Anyone know about this? It may be old hat now?
Stephen Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stephen Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 19 at 9:06am
Good morning, our double stack trailers will fit all 190 to 275 trolleys (this should be identified on the side of the trailer via teh label), The Contender should now be on a 275 trolley if its aluminium so will indeed fit. Generally we make aluminium trolley's 1 size bigger than the steel version as this ensures the balance point stays good and you can use it easily and safely.

I am sorry you did not get a response earlier, if you can contact me via our contact page on the new Mersea trailers website and let me know where you sent the initial enquiry I will see what went wrong.

If you need any further help or would like to pick up a new 275 contender trolley please let me know.

https://www.merseatrailers.com/contact

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stephen Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 19 at 9:16am
If you have a ally trolley for a blaze it will need to be a 275 if you order from Mersea Trailers as this ensures the balance is correct, unfortunately this would mean that you would need a 275 trailer. 275 trailers will go down to a 250 trailer by moving teh locking pin at the front. 

Blaze was originally produced on a 250 steel trolley. 

I have had 3 Blaze's all with ally trollies which I adored and made launching and retrieving very easy, however I do sail on a inland water and only used is a couple of times on the sea which seemed to be ok, standing on the trolley to sink it, pull the boat over the top of the trolley and step off , the trolley then floats up to lock under the gunwale (do the reverse to launch) 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stephen Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 19 at 9:25am
We dont see any weld failures at Mersea Trailers on ally trollies apart from one that I was made aware of ineth last 24 months, but this was caused by a ratchet strap put around the handle and then connected to the trailer.  Unfortunately during a journey the handle snapped at the join. The boat was on a flat bed trailer so may have been moving due to other straps to. 

Please remember the boat should be strapped down to the trailer and use the lock in pin at the front of the trailer along with ensuring the trolleys has locked in under the trailer tabs at the rear.

If you want further towing safety advice please see the new mersea trailers website 
:-https://www.merseatrailers.com/towing-advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>