FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laser Club Edition.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laser Club Edition.
    Posted: 09 Nov 19 at 10:42am
I could be wrong, LPE are not altogether forthcoming with anything that relates to their company structure, and I'm no expert on this stuff anyway, but the government returns for Laser Performance (Europe) and its parents seem to indicate companies that aren't doing significant trading. It all seems to have gone elsewhere in the maze of companies under the same general ownership. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00922893/filing-history
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 19 at 11:39am
I've been down that rabbit hole before too... best of luck, it leads nowhere quickly!

I'm basing my assertion thy're UK produced due to sharing the same junction on the M40 as 8 stackers with new lasers reasonably frequently.  They're often in the middle lane taking the 422 to Northampton.

Of course, I've no idea if it's the Banbury site that are still producing these club boats- it would make sense logistically.
zeon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 19 at 1:20pm
No one knows for sure but,
1) The owner of LPE has talked about moving all boat production post brexit.
2) LPE have posted pics of boats being made at their new site in Portugal ( not lasers though )
3) The Long Buckley site is for sale.

Its just a case of joining the dotes, on the other hand it could be adding 2+2 and getting five. Only time will tell  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789