FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OUTDOOR MAN View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote OUTDOOR MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help needed
    Posted: 25 Oct 19 at 8:27am
 Hi there I am Beernew member and new to sailing.
 I live in the lake district but never sailed much, can any one suggest a good sailing course.
 I have bought an older Enterprise which I have refurbished and I am ready to sail.

I don't really know much about the boat but I believe you can trace it history through 
 the serial number branded on the back of the boat 20327 can anyone suggest how I get the   information.
 thanks in anticipation.
 OUTDOOR MAN. Beer

Edited by OUTDOOR MAN - 25 Oct 19 at 8:30am
MR T
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 19 at 8:56am
Hi, Outdoor man,
I would suggest going on RYA website and with your postcode entered they will direct you to a local to you RYA approved training centre. 
You do not have to join a club to do this, however their is so much value to being a member of a club, from help with rigging your boat to actually sailing it after your course and friendship.
Robert
Gordon 1430 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon 1430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 19 at 9:01am
Hi 
I would contact the Enterprise http://www.sailenterprise.co.uk/ to get information about your boat.
Regards
Gordon
Gordon
Phantom 1430
sawman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 19 at 8:55pm
I am fairly sure that 20327 was a smith and davies built boat. It was originally owned by steve hunt at pilkington SC - originally named Rolling Home, probably new in about 1980 ish
OUTDOOR MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote OUTDOOR MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 19 at 12:49am
Hi there sawman thanks for the info  it is by Smith and Davis Boat Builders, Leeds,it still has the makers plate on it I tried google but could not find anything about them?

I bought it from a Guy in Cheshire who in m turn bought it from a school nearby but never used it.   

I have renovated it a little and am now keen to get into the water and it will now once again be 
"Rolling Home "      Thumbs Up
MR T
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 19 at 9:26am
Have fun, the Enterprise is a lovely boat to sail.  Thumbs Up
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
sawman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 19 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by OUTDOOR MAN

Hi there sawman thanks for the info  it is by Smith and Davis Boat Builders, Leeds,it still has the makers plate on it I tried google but could not find anything about them?

I bought it from a Guy in Cheshire who in m turn bought it from a school nearby but never used it.   

I have renovated it a little and am now keen to get into the water and it will now once again be 
"Rolling Home "      Thumbs Up

don't think smith and davis are around anymore, they made a nice boat. If you take it to the bassenthwaite week regatta in august, you might bump into steve
 Post Reply Post Reply