FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So, just how important is a Boats PY yardstick?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
Author
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So, just how important is a Boats PY yardstick?
    Posted: 13 Nov 19 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Cirrus

There is total freedom over toestraps,

But the fixings are proscribed, i.e. you can't move them, and they are positioned better for long legs than short.

Other than that (the fact that you can't move fittings as you are not allowed to make extra holes in the hull to fix them in a new position) there is little I would change and I love my mk2 Blaze.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Cirrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 19 at 11:56pm
But the fixings are proscribed, i.e. you can't move them ...

At the back they are attached to the rear fixed tubes .... and thus anywhere along them.  Plus there are many easy ways to 'adjust' the front end effective positoning that do not involve making additonal holes into the hull.  Just need to see them I guess ....  And that is before we even get into the effect of lengthing /shortening the webbing ties and elastics.  Just experiment if viewing how other folks do it is problematic or ask via various CA forums.
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 19 at 9:54am
Yes I have managed to work it out but it is, inevitable, a compromise. It is the front fixings that are crucial for us short ar5es, and they are fixed about 12" inboard of the side deck.

Like I said I love the Blaze and won't be changing class in the foreseeable future but in the case of toe straps, it is a bit of a 'Laser' way of doing things  LOL
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 19 at 7:49pm
Well it is encouraging that a boat like the OK is gaining momentum even though it's handicap isn't it's key USP.

So there is hope for us after all.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 19 at 8:20pm
Which answers to he question. It matters when people are relying on handicap racing. If cruising or class racing, or even sailing abroad, then it isn't even on the radar.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334