FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Musical inclinations.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Sussex Lad View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Musical inclinations.
    Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 11:23am
So I've heard. That's why I said "at least looked caucasian"
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 2:17pm
I actually rate Elvis, you just have to look beyond the hype and the naff films, Sussex lad,thought that was what you meant, just wasn't 100% sure of his lineage.

Edited by 423zero - 16 Nov 19 at 2:18pm
Robert
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 4:09pm
Robert

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by 423zero

I actually rate Elvis, you just have to look beyond the hype and the naff films, Sussex lad,thought that was what you meant, just wasn't 100% sure of his lineage.

Yes, I've got some Elvis in my collection. He had a big impact in the music scene........not sure about songs like "Old Shep" though Wink..........dammit, now that songs in my head LOL

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 4:51pm

One for the guitar players  Smile not the best known track by 'America' but my favourite.

.....aah, memories.

in 72,3,4 as teenagers we used to use a coffee bar called the Fiesta, frequented by budding hippies, college goers and young musicians some of whom achieved a level of success. Joe Brand was a regular. The Police used to drop in occasionally, always disappointed though. The juke box was considered to be one of the best in town.  Ventura Highway, Horse with no Name, Sandman were often chosen, as was Tumbling Dice, Stay with me, Maggie May, Layla (not a bad track on the LP either), Bell Bottom Blues, Rocket Man, Holiday Inn plus many More.

I can almost smell the Patchouli oil and joss sticks.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 6:12pm
Going to be slightly controversial, I think 'Cold play" will in time come to be recognised as the most successful band in history.
Robert
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 6:21pm
Who?  Wink

Maggie May was a favourite part of the soundtrack to my college years.....
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 6:52pm

Going to be slightly controversial, I think 'Cold play" will in time come to be recognised as the most successful band in history.

bold, very bold. That does rather depend on who writes the history.

Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

Who?  Wink

Maggie May was a favourite part of the soundtrack to my college years.....

Who?.........Great Band  Wink Quadrophenia my favourite concept album, Who's next best straight album, Live at Leeds Best live album......Rock at it's best IMO 

I had a mate who was in with the local bikers. By a remarkable coincidence he was seeing a much older lady called Maggie (and getting a valuable education me thinks)........The dopey sod was always putting Maggie May on the juke box, everyone else got sick to death of it.....Reason to Believe was on the B side I think.

Some songs or LP's were played to death, everyone had a copy, played countless times at parties. In the end I started to so fed up hearing them. Maggie May, Whiter Shade of Pale, Bridge over troubled water LP, Dark Side of the Moon plus a few others After many decades I came back to some of them because the original appeal finally returned. 
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 9:21pm
The Who "Tommy"..... see above.....  Wink
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 19 at 8:03pm
The Who, last live appearance of Keith Moon.

Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>