FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Musical inclinations.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Musical inclinations.
    Posted: 03 Sep 19 at 8:26pm
I like most music from Rock to Opera.
Favourite Bands, Coldplay, The Killers, The Beatles and The Who.
Favourite Artist, Joe Jackson, Elvis, Joe Cocker.
Favourite Album, Dark side of the moon.
Robert
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 19 at 10:40pm
I like Rock Opera, so Tommy is a favourite
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 19 at 6:33am
My father was an opera singer, which kinda put me off...

Some great new music around, but mostly I'm stuck in the 70s and 80s, everything from Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, the Eagles, Bruce Springsteen to Abba and all the 80s pop. Hated the New Romantics stuff at the time, especially the fashions in induced, but time has obviously affected my ears, as some of it sounds good now. The fashions are still crap, though!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 19 at 7:28pm
Peter Frampton, Britains 'unsung' greatest guitarist ?
Robert
Late starter View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Late starter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 19 at 8:43am
What a great song, takes me right back as Frampton Comes Alive was on constant play in the 6th year common room during my A levels. 
Sussex Lad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sussex Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 19 at 10:39am
Some nice Stuff there. Tommy particularly significant. My first date with my wife was to go and see the Premier at Lester Square theatre. Possibly the worst film I've ever seen but the Who still a favourite. Quadrophenia still the best concept album for me. Who's Next or Live at Leeds best straight Album.

Tooks my eyes off the Music Scene when the kids came along but as that coincided with the punk scene it was no great loss for me.

Put together a few sailing videos over the years, purely for my own or club consumption. The soundtracks, while avoiding the more obvious cheesy ones have captured the spirit (I hope).

They call me the breeze - JJ Cale
Keep on Truckin - Hot Tuna (some members of Jefferson Airplane)
Return of the Los Palmas 7 - Madness
Hesitation Blues - Hot Tuna (some members from Jefferson Airplane)
Boat Weirdos - Joe Walsh
Sail on Sailor - Jim Buffet version (OK, that ones a bit cheesy)
Plus a few others.

Edited by Sussex Lad - 06 Sep 19 at 10:43am
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 19 at 11:48am
I was very involved in an amateur operatic society for several years in the late '70s and played guitar for a stage production of Tommy in 1978  Tongue one of the best experiences ever.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 19 at 11:54am
Madness, brilliant, seem to have got better with time.

Peter Frampton, always going to suffer from comparison with school/best friend David Bowie, ironically Bowie was to save Framptons career when he invited him to play lead guitar on his 'Glass spider tour' , only discovered Frampton in the weeks after Bowies death, work colleague sent me a link for 'Glass spider tour', searched for him on youtube and found loads of videos.
Robert
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 19 at 8:57pm
Something lighter to go with the heavy hitting stuff at the top of the page  Smile chill with the 'Beatles'

Robert
ian.r.mcdonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ian.r.mcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 19 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

I like Rock Opera, so Tommy is a favourite

I was sat outside Cowes in a rescue boat looking after a load of kids in Bosuns. A huge gin palace motored by with loads of girls wearing not very much and someone who looked like Oliver Reed. It was Oliver. They were filming Tommy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>