FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which boat for a Big Dad and Little daughter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Mike7722 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike7722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which boat for a Big Dad and Little daughter
    Posted: 23 Jun 19 at 9:09pm
Is there a two-handed Finn with lighter crew sheet loads?
andymck View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote andymck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 19 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Mike7722

Is there a two-handed Finn with lighter crew sheet loads?

You just described an Albacore with 2:1 jib sheets
Andy Mck
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 19 at 11:40am
Originally posted by GarethT

My weight loss was simplicity itself. I basically just ate less and did more!

The key was a free phone app called MyFitnessPal. You basically enter what you eat  (you can just scan the barcode) and it tracks calories, carbs, fat, protein, etc. Really helps you focus the mind when wavering about eating a pie!

Oxymoron -   (you can just scan the barcode). Therein lies the problem in the first place.

One of the reasons I find it hard to use a calorie app is I hardly eat any prepackaged processed foods. Because they are laden with Salt, Fat, Sugar and normally a load of other bad stuff. So trying to manually input is almost impossible. And honestly, I'd quite like to use one. But they drive people to use / rely on people eating packaged food, which isn't good for you.

My suggestion - Cook and do more.

(post not intended to be provocative to you GarethT - damn fine achievement )

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/what-are-processed-foods/

2547 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2547 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 19 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Nacnud_smada

Originally posted by 2547

Yer think I need to drop the upper drag!
Cheers all

Eh??

The weight on the upper body.. Rather than find a boat to fit in.. Drop the chunk. Then go fro there 😂💪👍👍

Smart move ... 
GarethT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GarethT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 19 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Jack Sparrow

The key was a free phone app called MyFitnessPal. You basically enter what you eat <span style="font-size: 12.800000190734863px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> </span>(you can just scan the barcode)<span style="font-size: 12.800000190734863px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"></span> and it tracks calories, carbs, fat, protein, etc. Really helps you focus the mind when wavering about eating a pie!
Oxymoron -  <span style="font-size: 12.800000190734863px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"></span> (you can just scan the barcode).<span style="font-size: 12.800000190734863px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"></span> Therein lies the problem in the first place.
One of the reasons I find it hard to use a calorie app is I hardly eat any prepackaged processed foods. Because they are laden with Salt, Fat, Sugar and normally a load of other bad stuff. So trying to manually input is almost impossible. And honestly, I'd quite like to use one. But they drive people to use / rely on people eating packaged food, which isn't good for you.

You can scan the barcodes of your ingredients. I’m assuming you don’t grow, catch and slaughter all your own food.

Plus, it’s a general guide to help you lose weight rather than medical science. If you make a homemade shepherds pie, if you just selected a Tesco ready meal shepherds pie it would be close enough for the purposes of helping you lose weight.

Old Timer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Old Timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 19 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Jack Sparrow

The key was a free phone app called MyFitnessPal. You basically enter what you eat  (you can just scan the barcode) and it tracks calories, carbs, fat, protein, etc. Really helps you focus the mind when wavering about eating a pie!

Oxymoron -   (you can just scan the barcode). Therein lies the problem in the first place.

If you know what is in the recipe then MyFitness Pal is easy; you just enter the ingredients by weight; if it is a meal you eat frequently save it and then next time you just pick from your saved meals. 

Ok - a little more effort than scanning a barcode but not  much and certainly not "impossible" ...
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 19 at 4:27pm
Or spend the time you would have spent inputting going for a stroll.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 19 at 9:53pm

Originally posted by 2547

Yer think I need to drop the upper drag!
Cheers all

Eh??

The weight on the upper body.. Rather than find a boat to fit in.. Drop the chunk. Then go fro there 😂💪👍👍

Upper body weight is good for leverage, fat legs not much help  LOL I need to lose the beer gut sadly.....
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345