FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where are all the Finns?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatboi View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are all the Finns?
    Posted: 21 May 19 at 1:04pm
Great beer prices at Mengham and a very friendly bunch there. 

The mud has not gone... Racing there is generally done on the top of the tide, so start times vary but you always get a good playground 
maxibuddah View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 1:47pm
Got second the recommendation for mengeham, fantastic facilities apart from water at certain times of the day. Amazing clubhouse too.

As for not going to class events, well for me I struggle to find time to do two day events and all the Finn ones seemed to be so I couldn't go.
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by maxibuddah

Got second the recommendation for mengeham, fantastic facilities apart from water at certain times of the day. Amazing clubhouse too.

As for not going to class events, well for me I struggle to find time to do two day events and all the Finn ones seemed to be so I couldn't go.

When did you get Finnitus? I thought the Phantom stand had been a bit quiet at the dinghy show recently, even managed to pass the stand without getting sprayed with pie gravy or threatened with being put into one..

Do you need help? Doctor? Counsellor? Had many hernias or do you not need to raise the plate?

Can't believe it, always thought you had a little sanity... Even when you were tossing the dwarf..
rodney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by H2

Thanks gents! Mengham Rythe looks like a good option and I never even knew it was there. Been to HISC, Itchenor, Bosham, Chichester etc so many times and just never knew so thanks for opening my eyes!

The Bosham fleet is up to about 10 and Mengeham Rythe must be over 20 now with both fleets growing. I am a member of Mengeham and Bosham and race at both clubs. We can get up to 15 Finns to the start line just for club racing at Mengeham but Jim's right about tidal restrictions with, generally, sailing possible 3 hours each side of high water.
Rodney Cobb
Suntouched Sailboats Limited
http://www.suntouched.co.uk
[EMAIL=rodney@suntouched.co.uk">rodney@suntouched.co.uk
maxibuddah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Originally posted by maxibuddah

When did you get Finnitus? I thought the Phantom stand had been a bit quiet at the dinghy show recently, even managed to pass the stand without getting sprayed with pie gravy or threatened with being put into one..

Do you need help? Doctor? Counsellor? Had many hernias or do you not need to raise the plate?

Can't believe it, always thought you had a little sanity... Even when you were tossing the dwarf..

Don't worry my finances meant it only lasted for two years, back in a phantom again but it looks like I've completely forgotten how to sail one.i would like a Finn again one day but it won't be fit a long time I don't expect, the therapy takes a while
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
rodney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 4:05pm
 [/QUOTE]

When did you get Finnitus? 

Can't believe it, always thought you had a little sanity... Even when you were tossing the dwarf..[/QUOTE] 

I thought that I should also respond to this so answers below:-

I got Finnitus in 1973 and have sailed Finns ever since although have raced dozens of other classes along the way  Smile  However I still love the Finn for the pure pleasure of sailing them.

Of course I am insane but it seems to me that's par for the course when it comes to sailing?  I am sorry but I missed the dwarf tossing due to sanity and getting to bed before the insanity came into play  Confused  

As for counselling I have an idea - you should come and try sailing a Finn, I promise to put you in the boat to make launching easy and remove you after but you should give it a try before you carry on about how crap the Finn is!  Just to make it easier for you I am now, officially, a dwarf but still loving the Finn after 46 years  Wink  Give me a call and we can arrange for you to come down to Chichester Harbour and race a Finn with us for a day  Smile
Rodney Cobb
Suntouched Sailboats Limited
http://www.suntouched.co.uk
[EMAIL=rodney@suntouched.co.uk">rodney@suntouched.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12