FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Sailing Club activities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 19 at 6:02am
I am a member of a sailing club and would prefer other activities to be a park for kids and picnic area, tv lounge for bad weather, that's it really.
NickM99 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 19 at 8:48am
Thanks all for the comments. I have only found a couple of clubs that offer special reduced membership for SUPs. The vast majority seem to lump SUP/Canoe/Kayak use into the same category as windsurfers and require full membership. (Graeme makes a good point about the downside of that.) The exception is Radio Controlled Yachting: where is it available it is usually a special category.
fab100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 19 at 10:36am
I'm in favour of SUPs at dinghy clubs, but they have to be non-voting and there solely to act as skittles for passing sailors to knock into the water for bonus race-points. And the SUPers are prohibited from defending themselves in any way. It might even make sailing a spectator sport.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 19 at 12:01pm
Fab100,
I would add, sailors get extra points if you can get them with a gybe, whack the boom over
Eisvogel View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Eisvogel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 19 at 12:54pm
Enterprise 20361 (Eisvogel), Laser 102727 (Halcyon), Laser 121986
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12