23 [51.11%]
22 [48.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 19 at 4:50pm
Just read the article and I'd say the Laser is buggered anyway as they have to have their FRAND agreements sorted by August 1st which seems extremely unlikely.....

Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
andymck View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote andymck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 19 at 5:01pm
Phew
Almost took the photos to put my aero up for sale.
Can keep it now :)
Andy Mck
tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 19 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

Just read the article and I'd say the Laser is buggered anyway as they have to have their FRAND agreements sorted by August 1st which seems extremely unlikely.....

1st of August is not time at all considering as they donít seam to be talking about the two person long distance boat. Fingers crossed - it is the best boat for global inclusion, which is the whole point 
Tink
https://tinkboats.wordpress.com/

http://proasail.blogspot.com
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 19 at 7:31pm
Hmmm

Cant wait to see how this is going to work.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 19 at 7:51pm
Great publicity for the Aero without ever having to go through the whole selling of soul thing.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
Cirrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 19 at 8:06pm
The Contender. 

Enough said....... 
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 19 at 6:55am
I know we are a long way off but having thought about this:

ILCA doesn't have licensed builder in Europe.

As it stands the only place you can get a "Laser" from is from PS - this will be a Laser, but PS are no longer currently WS licenced.

So as things are nobody can legally supply the boats for Paris 2024. Which bunch of pillocks though that this would be a good idea? They may have killed the ILCA off before it even starts because the financial might of Mr Rastegar could now just litigate this into the long grass. If he can prevent the ILCA from appointing a builder or supplying boats in Europe then WS will have no choice but to use PS hulls or use another class.

This is going to be interesting g to watch. Maybe the FRAND restrictions will see the Laser deselected? I actually think its the best boat for the job if im honest, but the political baggage makes it untenable.
Old Timer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Old Timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 19 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Old Timer

Originally posted by By The Lee

Yes my mistake equipment committee

No doubt council will back the status quo. ...

As predicted. 

I feel bad for all the suppliers who wasted significant sums participating in sham trials. 

Now the Aero needs to see if they can endure beyond winning trials and then being overlooked. Just like the Contender and Musto Skiff before them. 

Edited by Old Timer - 20 May 19 at 7:03pm
Oatsandbeans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oatsandbeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 19 at 7:07pm
I agree the guys at RS must be compeltely gutted, and after the RS 900 business , why bother with it all it is a stich -up
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 19 at 7:12pm
RS can be happy they have had the same number of votes on this forum to match number of boats sold so far this year

Edited by 423zero - 21 May 19 at 12:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>