FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick release harnesses mandatory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Do Different View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick release harnesses mandatory
    Posted: 27 Feb 19 at 8:59pm

Release ?????????????yourself in seconds

"Quick release trapeze harnesses will become mandatory by 2023.  Zhik's new T3 Trapeze Harness does more than release the hook. You can escape the entire harness in a matter of seconds. 

Designed with an excellent close fit and back support, Zhik's unique Velcro and ripcord system (patent pending) instantly breaks the secure fit with a quick direct pull on the grab tabs. 

Check it out on the Sailing Chandlery and Pinnell & Bax stand at the RYA Dinghy Show. "

????????????????????????

Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 19 at 9:01pm
Please excuse slightly random formatting, cut n paste from the Y&Y'ing email was a trifle sticky.

craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 19 at 10:15pm
They tried making it mandatory before but it never happened and I've not seen any new statistics that suggest there is actually an issue that needs resolving.
OK 2129
RS200 411
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 19 at 12:51pm
Can imagine how much that will be, probably involve a mortgage, that Zhik suff is sooooo overpriced..

Any pictures? I shall have to go and check it out however, as pointless a thing as it might be, given all that needs to be QR is the hook, dinghy harnesses are a biatch to get into maybe it'll be easy on/off.

Edited by iGRF - 28 Feb 19 at 12:53pm
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 19 at 5:58pm
Well, I couldn't resist buying myself something at an otherwise flat show this year, not much new going on in my world, the Solution crew were showing a new small sail that I failed to even notice until they were rigging the full one. Streakers did have their new carbon boom on board, but the new fast one was Dave Butler tricking me with his wood bothering so that was a disappointment, It was only the new Laser rig that was marginally interesting but very badly displayed, poorly lit and too high up to really see much so in a fit of disappointment I bought this new harness, which turned out to be.. a bit disappoint.

Quick release it aint' but it's easy on off and it'll do the trick and there was a bit of a show deal once they found my size. They've nicked our T3 name (there was a Dakine T3 some years back), so I'll take it as flattery and Aussi imitation, price wise compared to some outrageously priced harnesses in the kite game these days, where you can pay 400 quid, I guess the 179 I paid at the show wasn't bad and I can atleast look forward to the buckle not coming adrift half wy up the beat like my current QR hook.

Naturally I'm poncing about the house wearing it, trying to cheer myslef up after a bit of a wasted day, show's a bit crap this year.

Edited by iGRF - 02 Mar 19 at 5:58pm
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 19 at 3:04pm
did you go for the hook or keyball?

video from some of the guys who developed it all taken yesterday at the show

fogliettaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fogliettaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 19 at 3:55pm
Anything other than a keyball would be a mistake.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 19 at 7:05pm
Still no video of hands free clipping on and off. None of the allen sponsored sailors are using them. 

I'd love to try one, because I can see the benefits. I wouldn't spend on one though. 

The Velcro harnesses looks comfy, but I've never had much issue with the basic nappy ones which are light and robust (had mine for 16 years!). 
ExBas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ExBas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 19 at 9:04pm
Have to say that the keyball system doesn't and won't comply with the new racing rule when it comes into effect. It's also not just World sailing events, it's every event that will be affected by the new rule. Well worth encouraging suppliers to deal with this properly via the ISO standard for quick release trapeze harnesses to ensure you don't spend money on the wrong product. The Allen system is not the right product.
Poacher turned gamekeeper
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 19 at 9:10pm
How exactly is the new rule worded?
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>