FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deck grip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Daniel Holman View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Holman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deck grip
    Posted: 14 Nov 18 at 11:44am
Mozzy,
Sand back just enough to get it flat and “keyed up” use a da sander if poss. 120g.
Clean / acetone.
Yes mix the griptex with the catalysed gel. Griptex are plastic granules like fine sand.
I’d use medium (I have some!) if it was a sitting area I’d use fine Esp on gel which is thick.
Use a generous amount of gelcoat on roller don’t be shy, I think it probably doesn’t need thickening that’s all.
Very much Worth practicing on some scrap to get the effect you’re after. How heavily loaded roller is, thickning of gel, proportion of griptex.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 18 at 2:36pm
Thanks

I might take you up on the buying some griptex from you, I can't find where to buy it in the UK! 
Daniel Holman View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Holman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 18 at 2:52pm
Marineware.
A half litre sized tin is about £50. It’s ridiculous.
For info I did the entire i14 non skid area (dancefloor, foredeck, gunwales) with about a quarter of said Tin. So you don’t need loads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12