FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From the show..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From the show..
    Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 12:40pm
As well as being pleased as punch with the way my new boat turned out, there were as usual, lots of other fascinating things to look at this year, boat of the show for me had to be that 14 that I believe Dan Holman built, it's got loads of tech bits, at gybing centreboard cassette, a tilting rudder and foil assembly I'd just love to fix to the back of my Farr one day.

The OK seems to be the flavour of the month amongst the jock boy glitterati, there were a couple scattered about just demanding not to be ignored with bad taste lipstick colour schemes and a bunch more rope than you would need to stay on the same pace as a Laser or get a shoeing from my Solution.

Foils were everywhere, they even had the Bic Open up on sticks, foils for Lasers, foils for Aeros, special foiling boats like the flying mantis, I imagine the F101 was around somewhere but I must have missed it, I wonder who's going to be buying all the foil boats and where on earth they might find a weed free environment or one without a shore dump upon which to sail them.

I've got a few pics I shall try to upload which in itself is a mission these days on this site, and I've bunged some up on flickr which I'll try and post a link to.

I met a lot of folk some of whom didn't actually want to take me outside for a good kicking and all in all stayed a bit longer than normal before I got bored, so how was your show?

My beauty.

Bad lipstick day.

The adjustable gantry on the 14.

Edited by iGRF - 05 Mar 18 at 12:50pm
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 1:05pm

Cock and ball harness looks interesting but can't see how to adjust the height.

iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 1:07pm

Slightly more muted, another OK
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 1:12pm

So you've bought an Aero, you know of course you need to foil it now don't you? Everyone needs to foil, it's now the law. Or so you would be forgiving for thinking.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 1:16pm
The other boat I quite liked was the new lightning, but the colour of the one they decided to display didn't exactly send me into photo mode, they should have displayed the picture that had been doing the rounds on social me ja earlier.

This lot didn't care much either way and were not so desperate to foil
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 1:18pm
This is what I should have spent the show doing with all the kids, but it probably wouldn't have been regarded as appropriate for a man of my years..

Edited by iGRF - 05 Mar 18 at 1:19pm
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 1:45pm
Excellent GRF, thanks for that.
Your FARR looks very grown up and neat.
How long is that going to last?... furry dice....go faster stripe.... stabilisers... ;-)
Nice one chap.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 1:59pm
Not forgetting the rear spoiler with traveller for aft sheeting ;-)
H2 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 2:35pm
Being slightly cheeky.....but if I had just bought an Aero I think I would probably need something - anything in fact - to spice it up just a little. So perhaps a set of foils would be a good way to make a drab grey piece of plastic a little more exciting to live with?
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 3:03pm
Did you go H2? I couldn't get near the H2 stand it was that busy, the couple of times I passed by.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>