FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Show - snow issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy Show - snow issues
    Posted: 04 Mar 18 at 5:39pm
Definitely, now about this Solution you're selling ;)

Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
zeon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Dougaldog

Well Zeon, come and find me at the Show - that's not difficult I can assure you - and then tell me if you think it was a good idea or not!

D

Sorry I missed you. Dougaldog. Do you still think they made the wrong choice? 
Old Timer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Old Timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 4:00pm
I did go in the end ... it was more busy than I expected; the trip up wasn't that easy with bad fog but going home was easy.

There were a few blank stands but otherwise it looked like business as usual, a great show.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

Definitely, now about this Solution you're selling ;)

We've had a reprieve down the lake at least until May then we expect a decision, it also won me a race yesterday on handicap as well as over the water, a rarity down that lake so not likely to be selling anytime soon.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 5:13pm
Well that's a good thing anyway. So I guess you'd still say Solution was a good boat for small lake handicap racing then.

Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

Well that's a good thing anyway. So I guess you'd still say Solution was a good boat for small lake handicap racing then.

Yes,especially if you have subsurface obstacles or restricted space so it's ability to be quick in and out of a tack are important. It's not really a boat that'll do it for you like say a phantom was when it was a bandit, you'll still have a battle with lasers, solo's and streakers if you don't put it in the right place at the right time, but if you sail it well, which I'm sometimes capable of at least for half an hour before my attention span wanes, or it's blowing less than *15 knots, then it's a proper little weapon.

*15 knots is m threshold, but there's a lad down our lake who just upshifts in that breeze and he's gone not many folk can then even touch him. (He is as many years younger as he is kilos heavier mind ;-) )

Edited by iGRF - 05 Mar 18 at 5:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 7:39pm
Ta. If the Supersofa sells quickly and I can find a Solution I can afford I think I'll give one a go. After all, if I don't get on with it I can always sell it and buy another Blaze later.......

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 05 Mar 18 at 7:40pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678