FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Show - snow issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Oinks View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Oinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy Show - snow issues
    Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 7:53am
Reminds me a bit of the Mirror 14. Always hankered after one of hose when I was a kid.
Gordon 1430 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordon 1430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 8:41am
On Saturday at 10.30 the RYA is having a club briefing which each club is invited to send 2 reps which also gives them free entry afterwards. Check if your club has anyone going.  
Gordon
Phantom 1430
laser193713 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 8:50am
Anyone else think it looks a bit scruffy in black?  Confused
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 8:57am
Just keep saying to yourself, GRF, "wood is just carbon based fibres" - so what you really have is a sexy epoxy carbon Farr.

Looks great, but would it have been even better all black? Did you never fancy yourself as Hotblack Desiato?
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 10:09am
I've done all black with the V2 which you may or may not remember, which lead to a spate of black copycat boats of different genres..

I quite like the black and white effect which may or may not get a red stripe right down the middle along with a red mast if it can be done. The sail is black of course.

I also may or may not have this graphic affixed to the hull.

Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 10:35am
Is it going to remain matt or will the CF (effect or real?) foredeck have a gloss finish?
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 10:37am
Seem to remember from the Yachting and Boating Weekly days that there was a black deck Quarter Tonner, where there was a percieved advantage that the hot air rising off the deck created flow over the sails, the arguement was sufficient for IOR rating authorities to consider a penalty for black deck boats ... though I guess the black deck will not be required in this case.

Does this also make the Farr a PY bandit?
Happily living in the past
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 12:07pm
Its a Matt black carbon wrap just a visual I'm afraid they didn't have time to perfect carbon laminating ply as I'd wished, but it does the same thing visually (like the bonnet wraps you get for T5's) What I now need is a red carbon effect wrap for the mast which will look totally rad dude.. sic

Edited by iGRF - 01 Mar 18 at 12:07pm
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 12:16pm
You may set a trend for red carbon fibre masts Graeme :)

Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 3:31pm
Thread title - snow issues

Actual discussion - cons of wooden boats  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>