FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Falmouth Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
H2 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falmouth Week
    Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 12:39pm
Have happy memories of doing Falmouth Week when I were a lad but looking at the web it seems to now be about local folk boats and larger boats rather than a general handicap race - is that right? If so, are there any dinghy race weeks that are worth attending in the summer?
Pastyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pastyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 2:40pm
If you want to come to Cornwall try Camel Week. Hosted by Rock Sailing and Waterski Club. A mix of handicap and pursuit races . There is I think a limit on entrys which is reached most years
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Pastyman

If you want to come to Cornwall try Camel Week. Hosted by Rock Sailing and Waterski Club. A mix of handicap and pursuit races . There is I think a limit on entrys which is reached most years

Nice one - will take a look!
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 5:00pm
Or save a little on your journey and visit Salcombe Yacht Club Regatta 5th to 10th August, would be great to see a fleet of H2’s take on the burgeoning fleet of Phantoms, might just tip me over the edge!
Happily living in the past
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by davidyacht

Or save a little on your journey and visit Salcombe Yacht Club Regatta 5th to 10th August, would be great to see a fleet of H2’s take on the burgeoning fleet of Phantoms, might just tip me over the edge!

Blimey - Salcombe Week, do I need a neck tie for that or will they let ruffians in?!? Sounds epic...have loads of holiday to take this year so looking for excuses to sail. Thanks!!
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 5:37pm
Neck ties positively banned
Happily living in the past
NickM99 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 7:15pm
Yes, Falmouth Dinghy Week used to be a great event but it has struggled for numbers a bit in recent years, perhaps because they tried running it during the week following then week for keel boats. 

Last year it wasn't held at all because Restronguet SC had to put a lot of resources into then Mirror Worlds, also in August.

I understand there is discussion about reviving it this year as part of Falmouth Week. Hopefully a decision will be made at the end of the month and they will let everyone know what the plan is.
NickM99 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 7:58pm
Decision apparently made: dinghies are rejoining the main week. NOR here.
https://www.falmouthweek.co.uk/sites/default/files/FWR_NOR_%202018_published.pdf
 Post Reply Post Reply