FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RYA New Articles of Association - ?significant ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RYA New Articles of Association - ?significant ?
    Posted: 23 Oct 17 at 3:48pm
The Board has taken the opportunity to update the provisions relating to the number of members required to convene a general meeting and to simplify the voting process so that each individual Member will have one vote and each organisation Member will have one vote per £100 of affiliation fee.
So a organisation member who invests £1,000,000 gets a nice chunk of votes, unless I am reading it wrong ?

Edited by 423zero - 23 Oct 17 at 3:48pm
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 17 at 4:20pm
Does Len McCluskey get a block vote? 
Happily living in the past
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 17 at 4:26pm
Dougal on facebook suggests that Article five thing was there to prevent a repeat of the 1980 boycot of the Russian games where 'they' forced the boycot through. I was around at the time but can't exactly remember what happened, I was in the frame for the next lot in Atlanta and I remember being really peeved off at what was going on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12