FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Argo vs Quest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ColPrice2002 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColPrice2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 18 at 10:02pm
Hi,
I've used the Topper Argo (I'm assuming same dinghy as in UK) for teaching RYA levels 1 to 3.
Stable dinghy with main & jib, but interesting with the big genniker.
You might want to invest in a reduced area mainsail, instead if reefing.

We had a problem with the floor in one of the boats - later versions have foam blocks between the hull & floor to prevent the floor from flexing and cracking. Remember that these were used for teaching, and had a harder life than most dinghies!

Enjoy tge experience,

Colin
PeterG View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 18 at 8:57am
We will sail on lakes only(decent size, say 6000 acres)up in Maine. 

Reminds me of a day trip I did decades ago on Moosehead Lake, which was fantastic. In a outboard powered dinghy sadly, but the lake seemed to go on forever, endless forests and hardly any sign of human life, and endless islands - Swallows and Amazons territory on steroids. Fab.
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Laser 189635
DY 59
Sours View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 18 at 11:16am
Sounds like heaven to me. Too bad it's so far away from where I am at the moment. I have an Argo btw and I love it.
tomjv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomjv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 18 at 3:11pm
Hey,
That's great news! I thought I'd take this opportunity to plug my facebook page. I started an Argo Owners page. I couldn't find anything similar, so I'm hopeful some folks find it. As of now, nobody's found me . . .   ; (
This should be a link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1612829512115234/

There's no ads or strings attached. I just would like to hook up with some owners as I'm all alone with this boat and I'm sure I'll have Qs this spring.

Thanks!
TomJV
TomJV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12