FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

singlehander for small(ish) lake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: singlehander for small(ish) lake
    Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 12:02pm
I may be forced very much against my will to sell my Solution if things down the lake go as pear shaped as they appear to be, I definitely don't have the storage space for it or the other couple of boats I've got down there if they expect us to clear the site by March 31st.
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 12:23pm
Blaze's around from £1200, Mk2 similar to SSD for a little over £2k so still looking the most likely prospect. As you say Solution and FRP Streaker (which TBH doesn't really light my candle) are around £3k which is a bit more than I really want to spend for what is, really, a 'spare' Wednesday night boat. Still fancy an OK too but not sure of I'm still flexible enough (did sail a Europe last year a bit cramped but doable) and a modern FRP boat with the carbon rig is even more expensive. As are D Zeros and Aeros.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
KazRob View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote KazRob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 12:47pm
It's not plastic, but it has just been fully restored and has a carbon mast and looks like a bargain tbh. If the last time you sailed an OK was in the 70's you'll find then easier to sail now btw and you don't need to be quite as flexible either.
http://www.okdinghy.co.uk/classifieds/ok-1759-gbr-99-sale/
OK 2249
D-1 138

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 1:00pm
Seems to have disappeared but I've done my time maintaining wooden boats. I'm retired now so am far to busy enjoying myself.........

edit :- found it, it's gorgeous and cheap but, sadly, see above.......

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 01 Mar 18 at 1:10pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
H2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 2:01pm
Sam - sell a kidney and get a H2. If you like the Blaze I suspect that you would find it to be very similar in many ways - I think that the majority of converts (certainly the early ones) have come from Blaze's and there will be a few 2nd hand ones coming back in soon as the first ten boats were offered a deal I think.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 3:10pm
Tongue Tongue Tongue Oh if only the premium bonds would deliver that £100k win........

Even if I could (and the H2 is a lovely looking boat...... looks do matter you know) it's still a boat that likes to stretch it's legs. And I won't be converting from the Blaze just buying another boat to leave at the inland pond.......

edit :- and I'm still not sure about FB sails on singlehanders 

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 01 Mar 18 at 3:15pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 3:33pm
You are spoilt for choice looking for a singlehander at 76kg. Personally I think many of the classes should band together to forma superclass with close handicap racing.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 18 at 5:46pm
You are right but that just makes it harder to choose the right one  Embarrassed
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 18 at 3:43pm
So, is the RS300 really that hard to sail?
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 18 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Sam.Spoons

So, is the RS300 <b style="font-style: italic;">really that hard to sail?

Think Div 2 board, fine in its wind band, absurd when not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>