FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TackTick reads 270 degrees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PeteM View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote PeteM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TackTick reads 270 degrees
    Posted: 08 Feb 17 at 9:13am
I thought I had my Micro Tacktick nicely set up for 90 degree tacking angle.  After the first tack, it was clear that this was not so!  I then realised it was actually showing 270 degrees whch was really weird.  OK I was able to use the 2 differant read outs, but it wasn't quite what I intentioned.  Has anyone else had this problem? It is quite an old Tacktick, but battery still shows 190 - 200 when I get it turned on. Back on dry land I changed tack angle a few times and it now seems ok, but just wondered if this was a common fault.  Interesting to see if it reverts to 270 once afloat at the weekend.
Osprey Mk 5 1365
Peviously Sailed 4 x Fireball, 1 x RS500, 1 x 505   All nice boats
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 17 at 12:07pm
I tend not to use the built in tacking angles on compasses. 

The reason is that I find my tacking angles change depending on wind strength and whether I am footing or pinching. 

I tend to just sail a bit on each tack before a race and get a feel for the mean numbers. If you have trouble remembering them you can always write them in chinograph on the boom.
 Post Reply Post Reply