FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New look for forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jaydub View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jaydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New look for forum
    Posted: 27 Jul 16 at 3:47pm
The sail-world.com looks much cleaner without the middle column with the highlighted news stories.  just saying!
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 16 at 10:23pm
Trouble with paid ads is while they provide the money, if fewer people look at the site, they won't want to advertise, so if the ads dominate the forum, we end up with a declining spiral of death. Or something.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
andymck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote andymck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 16 at 11:55pm
I have to say the old site is superior in appearance, less clinical, easier to read. I am happy with advertising, but the overall layout of toe old version is just more easy on the eye, and easier to navigate. I usually can see the benefits when things get updated, bit not this time.
I hope we can have some of the old features back, and something that does not look like the white clinical wall I stare at all day in the hospital.

Andy
Andy Mck
patj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote patj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 16 at 7:06am
How do we look at just Dinghy News rather than wading through the keelboat dross?
craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 16 at 3:23pm
The new format is pants.

It looks messy and unfinished when I view on my laptop, and even worse on either my tablet or my phone (both running Android and using chrome browser).

I get loads of numbers, then ads and finally if I'm lucky I can find the actual article.

The forum also is harder to view. At least the old version although small could be zoomed on to press the new posts button.

Mags and Mark, I like change but this is not a good one. The articles have to be the focus.
OK 2129
RS200 411
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 16 at 8:59am
Personally I don't mind it being freshened up, but graphically it is unfinished, it needs a 1 or 2 pt keyline separating the ad column and the main title bar from the forum content bit, I'd also put a tone 20 or 30% block over the Forum Home member posts to Newposts log out group.

The Eye is confused at the minute with the blue heading block centred then the forum header bars being ranged left, plus they have a predominace of blue tone in tone which is nice, but the along come ads in all manner of conflcting colours so you really do need to keyline separate them, and there endeth the lesson in Graphic design.

Edited by iGRF - 02 Aug 16 at 9:00am
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 16 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Personally I don't mind it being freshened up, but graphically it is unfinished, it needs a 1 or 2 pt keyline separating the ad column and the main title bar from the forum content bit, I'd also put a tone 20 or 30% block over the Forum Home member posts to Newposts log out group.

The Eye is confused at the minute with the blue heading block centred then the forum header bars being ranged left, plus they have a predominace of blue tone in tone which is nice, but the along come ads in all manner of conflcting colours so you really do need to keyline separate them, and there endeth the lesson in Graphic design.

LOL... 

Merlin Mags, if you actually want some professional advice. Pop over to my Design Consultancy Website and drop me a line.
You won't see a lot of digital on there because that's not what we aim at. But SONY and others have been very happy with the digital creative I produced for them.

www.clearthinkingcreative.co.uk
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 16 at 5:32pm
"Bad news travels fast, good news travels slow" seems to hold true.

How many days has this last remodelling been in place? Looks much better to me, somehow meatier with more visual weight about. I can't say about tricks and features as I can find all I want without difficulty.

One question, photo uploads? I haven't tried recently but in the past it has been a tortuous and sometimes impossible process. 

MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 16 at 2:55pm
The forum is unchanged as the new look is mostly around the edges of the forum. Thus photo uploads work in the same way.

I know uploading isn't perfect, but I thought it was satisfactory at present. We are planning to upgrade the forum after other critical projects have finished. Sorry I cannot promise anything any sooner.
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 16 at 8:06pm
Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>