FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Italian 4m Dinghy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Italian 4m Dinghy
    Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 10:10am
I quite like the lines and look of it, if they had class rules that insisted you stay inside the gunwhales it could also be interesting, cut out all that ungentlemanly hiking nonesense.
Can't see it being that quick in light weather, but it probably would get a fair lick on a Garda reach. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any blog from me about building one, not at two grand for a bunch of marine ply and a usb stick.
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 11:00am
I like the look of it.... one of those unique, quirky things that might generate a few dozen around the world and couple of evangelical owners or two, shunning the mainstream and our (boring) re-hashes of the tried and tested laser unarig hiking formula.     
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 11:07am
Hull shape is interesting. Internal deck layout terrible. Rig, an abomination, driven by poor deck layout / concept of no righting moment. Strangely it would be better if it were a blasted semi keel boat with singlehanded trapeze... the way it has been designed, rather than a lazy hiker. IMHO.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 5:01pm
I think the designer sums it up, you can lie across back to sun bathe using cushions for pillows.
NickM View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 16 at 8:00pm
Could be the quickest turtling dinghy ever built....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123